MENA April 4, 2014
Accessing Your Assistive Technology Act Program in Georgia
April 4, 2014
Metropolitan Employment Networking Association (MENA)
Department of Labor, Toco Hills
Presenter: Martha Rust, AT Specialist, Tools for Life
Come find out how your Assistive Technology Act Program in Georgia, Tools for Life, can help you help Georgians with disabilities! Tools for Life (TFL) is funded by the Federal Tech Act which is legislation to promote direct AT services to individuals of all ages and disabilities in each state. Tools for Life increases independence for Georgians with disabilities by providing access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services. The TFL Network is fulfilling the intent of the Tech Act through AT assessments, AT lending libraries, device demonstrations, trainings for individuals and groups, AT reuse, and funding education and assistance. This session will explore the Tools for Life program and share updated program information as well as funding resources that assist with purchasing assistive technology devices. Join us to learn how you and those you work with can benefit from these services!
- As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to list the 7 core activities of the Tools for Life program.
- As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to access assistive devices and services technology through the Tools for Life AT Solutions Lab and the Tools for Life Network.
- As a result of this activity, the participant will learn 3 funding resources that can assist with purchasing assistive technology.
Resources for You!
- Visit the Tools for Life website to learn more about Georgia's assistive technology services.
- Explore the Tools for Life AppFinder