2013 IDEAS Conference
Date and Location
June 3-6, 2013 - Register for the 2013 IDEAS Conference
Pre-conference: Monday, June 3
Exhibits: Wednesday, June 5 - Exhibitor Registration
Epworth by the Sea, St Simons Island
Georgia Department of Education’s Division for Special Education Services and Supports is proud to offer the IDEAS (Institute Designed for Educating All Students) Conference in partnership with Georgia Tools for Life, Georgia CEC and Georgia Sensory Assistance Project. The IDEAS Conference will offer a wide range of session topics and presentations that will address technical and functional perspectives for all educators who teach students with disabilities.
- Assistive Technology & Accessibility
- Behavior & Classroom Management
- Common Core Curriculum: UDL & Curriculum Integration
- Education/Learning Strategies & Instructional Technologies
- Parent/Family Engagement
- Policies, Procedures & Practices
- Sensory Impairments
Submit a Session Proposal
We invite you to submit a proposal to present at the 2013 IDEAS Conference. Please follow the instructions on the proposal invitation to submit online.
The deadline to submit a proposal is Tuesday, April 30, 2012.
Tools for Life and Georgia CEC will sponsor the IDEAS Conference Exhibit Hall for 2013. Participants will be able to experience new products first-hand that can support learning for all children.
Follow this link to access Exhibitor registration rates and the IDEAS Conference Exhibitor Registration
If you have any questions or need additional information contact Liz Persaud at email@example.com
Exhibit Hall Hours
- Exhibit Hall Set up - Tuesday, June 4, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM and Wednesday, June 5 from 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- Exhibit Hall Open - Wednesday, June 5, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Exhibit Hall Breakdown - Wednesday, June 5, 2013 from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
Please ship your materials to:
Epworth By The Sea
100 Arthur J. Moore Drive
Saint Simons Island, GA 31522
Participant Registration and Lodging
An updated agenda, schedule-at-a-glance, lodging rates, and other important conference information can be found at the GDOE IDEAS Conference page.
Nominate an individual, team or an organization for the 2013 Tools for Life Assistive Technology Awards:
- Excellence in AT Team Award - The Excellence in AT Team Award recognizes an AT Team, at the local or statewide level, that involves two or more professionals or entities that promote or facilitate the development of effective AT integration in a classroom, school, school system, workplace and/or community.
- AT Visionary Award - The Visionary Award recognizes a leader in the field of Assistive Technology in Georgia who has enhanced the field by demonstrating vision, innovation, and/or initiative.
- AT Innovation Award - The Innovation Award recognizes outstanding design of a program, project, product, building, space and/or inclusive classroom.
- Tools for Life Emerging Leader Award - The Tools for Life Emerging Leader Award honors a student with a disability who has demonstrated proactive leadership skills by using assistive technology in their school environment, during transition practices, and/or preparation for continuing education and community living.
E-mail the completed nomination form as an electronic attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Award Nomination; or fax it to 404-894-8323, Attn: Carolyn Phillips
Download, complete and submit the Award Nomination Form before the Nomination Deadline Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Tools for Life is offering a limited amount of scholarships on a first-come first-served basis to Georgians with disabilities that are presenting at the 2013 IDEAS Conference. To receive a scholarship you must:
1. Complete the Scholarship Application Form
2. Be a Georgian with a disability
3. Be a presenter at the IDEAS Conference
4. E-mail the completed nomination form as an electronic attachment to email@example.com with the Subject: Scholarship Application; or fax it to 404-894-8323, Attn: Liz Persaud
Download, complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form before the Scholarship Deadline Wednesday, May 22, 2013