Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 9/15/2020"

From Tools For Life
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created blank page)
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
=TFL Mission=
  
 +
*Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
 +
 +
=Team Meeting Expectations=
 +
 +
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
 +
 +
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
 +
 +
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
 +
 +
 +
=Agenda=
 +
 +
=='''TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)'''==
 +
* Check In - How are You?
 +
** USG COVID-19 Updated
 +
* FY21 Allocations (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020)
 +
** Please, double check and let me know if you have any questions/corrections
 +
* AEM
 +
* CDC
 +
** Need Help with Specific Activities
 +
*** Focus Groups getting Gift Cards for Participating
 +
* Funding:
 +
** Georgia Division of Aging (DAS)
 +
** GaDOE FY20 & FY 21 - Co-PI Gina
 +
** GVRA Contract FY 21 - In Discussions with GT Leadership - Co-PI Martha & Zerrin
 +
** CDC Contract (9 Mths) - Co-PIs Liz, Johan & Maureen
 +
** MENTAL COVID-19 Grant
 +
** HHS DRRP - Aging Well ACCESS - 5 Yr. $2.5 Million
 +
** NEW - 3 Yr HHS DRRP - AT Database - $1.5 Million
 +
** NEW - Wireless RERC - $35K
 +
** NEW - ATAP/AT3 - $8K
 +
 +
=='''TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)'''==
 +
'''Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal'''
 +
* ATOB Vol. 14 - Complete & Released! Thank you, Tori!! [https://www.atia.org/home/at-resources/atob/atob-volume-14/ ATOB Vol. 14]
 +
 +
* TFL (Vol 15) Article on DBHDD Project has been submitted.
 +
* Our article is off to peer review. We are waiting for results.
 +
 +
'''What Users of AT Wish Developers Knew...'''  complete
 +
* Report will be submitted shortly
 +
* Presentations have been accepted at these virtual conferences:
 +
** GA Ed. Tech Conference (Nov)
 +
** ATIA (Feb)
 +
 +
'''Work ACCESS Project (Decision Tree Project)'''
 +
'''Content'''
 +
* Liz & Carolyn - Working on "Telework"
 +
* Ben & Dee Dee finalized "Communication" branch. Only "mop-up" work remains.
 +
* Ben, Carolyn & Liz are beginning a new branch: Supports for Remote Meeting Participation
 +
* Other members of the team wrapping up first round of tasks on "Reading & Writing":
 +
* proofing, short descriptions, validation, tagging & mapping to decision tree, etc.)
 +
'''Work ACCESS Programming '''
 +
* Functioning model (skeleton) is out on a server for preliminary review. More robust version coming soon. 
 +
* Annabel is helping with visual design for interface
 +
 +
'''Mastery of Assistive Technology'''
 +
*  (MoAT) Small Bets project kicked off July 1st.
 +
** First round of data collection has begun.
 +
* Announcement on NIDILRR FIP proposal expected soon
 +
** Would start Oct. 1st
 +
 +
 +
'''Aging - Decision Tree Project''' (Washington State)
 +
 +
 +
'''CDC'''
 +
*IRB protocol for Need Assessment has been approved.
 +
*Data collection will start soon
 +
*Message Testing plan and data collection tools has been developed.
 +
 +
 +
'''USG BOR Survey'''
 +
*Survey for the 2019-2020 has been disseminated
 +
 +
=='''TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)'''==
 +
 +
'''Data Reminder:''' Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
 +
 +
'''Updates'''
 +
 +
*''' Tools for Life'''
 +
**TFL Policy and Procedures - Liz, Sam
 +
**Keeping Wiki updated and organized - Tori
 +
**TFL Website - Liz, Sam, Shaina, CP
 +
**Diversity Symposium on September 9 - Liz, Danny
 +
 +
*'''CDC'''
 +
**Accessible Materials and Culturally Relevant Messages for Individuals with Disabilities
 +
**Carolyn PI, Johan and Liz Co-PI
 +
***Dissemination needs - collection of organizations and point of contact - in MS Teams! Thank you!
 +
 +
*'''Social Media'''
 +
**Send articles, webinars, videos, general information, etc. to post and share with followers
 +
**Like, Follow, and Share our pages with your networks and beyond
 +
 +
*'''ATAP (AT3)'''
 +
**Final report - Completed!
 +
**Exploring 2021 contract and deliverables - CP & Liz
 +
***AT Reuse Activities (PIOC)
 +
***Social Isolation/Connectedness Coalition (ACL/n4a) - CP, Liz, Rachel and Martha
 +
 +
*'''TechSAge 2 RERC - Training and Outreach'''
 +
**Carolyn and Liz
 +
**Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
 +
**Check out the [http://techsage.gatech.edu/ RERC TechSAge website] to learn more.
 +
 +
*''' Webinars'''
 +
**Working on expanding our webinars
 +
***Able to offer CRC's and CEUs
 +
**Wired Wednesdays
 +
**ASK series
 +
**More webinar offerings from TFL?
 +
 +
*'''Wireless RERC - Training and TA'''
 +
**Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
 +
**Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
 +
**Submitting to the Technology and Disability Policy Highlights (TDPH)
 +
 +
*'''Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase'''
 +
**Carolyn and Liz - Telework
 +
***focus groups, training
 +
 +
=='''TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)'''==
 +
 +
 +
*K-12 Contract FY 20 Updates
 +
** Portal
 +
*** 214 Users registered representing
 +
****130 local districts
 +
**** 10 Charter Schools
 +
**** 4 State Schools
 +
**** 6 Georgia Network for Educational and Therapeutic Supports (GNETS)
 +
****Total of 150 Local Education Agencies (LEA’s) Represented
 +
*Software (not updated numbers)
 +
**88 districts signed and operational
 +
** Software in 88 districts; 249,759 licenses (with a lot of current activity)
 +
* Videos that were produced for GaDOE are now available on the TFL YouTube channel (Text-to-Speech, Speech-to-Text, Captioning, Visual Supports, & Graphic Organizers).
 +
*EdTrade is moving along – internally able to log-in and make suggestions for Matthew’s team
 +
*Discovery Survey for GaDOE is in progress with an internal draft moving between a few of us
 +
*AT Partnership Presentations
 +
**State Advisory Panel (SAP) 9.3.20
 +
**Special Education Director Webinar 9.8.20
 +
* K-12 Membership Plan (Public & Private)
 +
** working on revising membership agreement for K-12
 +
** explore alignment of CIDI/TFL services to K-12 needs
 +
 +
=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)'''==
 +
 +
*Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 442
 +
*Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 79
 +
 +
*Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 217
 +
*Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 91
 +
 +
*Device Reutilization 3343
 +
 +
 +
 +
*Wired Wednesdays will not be held on Sept 9th so that we can attend the Diversity Symposium. Maria will be doing the next one after that
 +
*Working with Liz to turn some of these into an hour for CRC and CEU credits
 +
*DAS Cares Act Funding- Yolanda is doing another survey for training and will get back to us
 +
*Rachel and Carolyn did an excellent job on the ACL presentation last week on dementia 
 +
*Starting to get more requests for demos and loans
 +
*Those in the Text Complexity group have been working on items.
 +
*DeeDee is conducting an ASK webinar on AAC in the Workplace this Wednesday
 +
 +
=='''TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)'''==
 +
'''Remote Demo for Staff'''
 +
# light up cane
 +
# Vision Buddy
 +
# Read
 +
# Thanks Adam Palmer
 +
 +
'''Policies and Procedures'''
 +
# I&A
 +
# Sanitizing
 +
 +
'''Other Updates'''
 +
# Followup with Aretta tomorrow at CPA
 +
# Virtual Dragon Con happens this week
 +
# VIrtual LEND tomorrow
 +
# Credit-Able apps continue to come in
 +
 +
=='''AccessGA Initiatives and Updates (Johan)'''==
 +
 +
=='''Action Items & Follow Up'''==

Revision as of 07:20, 15 September 2020

TFL Mission

  • Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

Team Meeting Expectations

1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.

2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.

3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.


Agenda

TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)

  • Check In - How are You?
    • USG COVID-19 Updated
  • FY21 Allocations (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020)
    • Please, double check and let me know if you have any questions/corrections
  • AEM
  • CDC
    • Need Help with Specific Activities
      • Focus Groups getting Gift Cards for Participating
  • Funding:
    • Georgia Division of Aging (DAS)
    • GaDOE FY20 & FY 21 - Co-PI Gina
    • GVRA Contract FY 21 - In Discussions with GT Leadership - Co-PI Martha & Zerrin
    • CDC Contract (9 Mths) - Co-PIs Liz, Johan & Maureen
    • MENTAL COVID-19 Grant
    • HHS DRRP - Aging Well ACCESS - 5 Yr. $2.5 Million
    • NEW - 3 Yr HHS DRRP - AT Database - $1.5 Million
    • NEW - Wireless RERC - $35K
    • NEW - ATAP/AT3 - $8K

TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)

Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal

  • ATOB Vol. 14 - Complete & Released! Thank you, Tori!! ATOB Vol. 14
  • TFL (Vol 15) Article on DBHDD Project has been submitted.
  • Our article is off to peer review. We are waiting for results.

What Users of AT Wish Developers Knew... complete

  • Report will be submitted shortly
  • Presentations have been accepted at these virtual conferences:
    • GA Ed. Tech Conference (Nov)
    • ATIA (Feb)

Work ACCESS Project (Decision Tree Project) Content

  • Liz & Carolyn - Working on "Telework"
  • Ben & Dee Dee finalized "Communication" branch. Only "mop-up" work remains.
  • Ben, Carolyn & Liz are beginning a new branch: Supports for Remote Meeting Participation
  • Other members of the team wrapping up first round of tasks on "Reading & Writing":
  • proofing, short descriptions, validation, tagging & mapping to decision tree, etc.)

Work ACCESS Programming

  • Functioning model (skeleton) is out on a server for preliminary review. More robust version coming soon.
  • Annabel is helping with visual design for interface

Mastery of Assistive Technology

  • (MoAT) Small Bets project kicked off July 1st.
    • First round of data collection has begun.
  • Announcement on NIDILRR FIP proposal expected soon
    • Would start Oct. 1st


Aging - Decision Tree Project (Washington State)


CDC

  • IRB protocol for Need Assessment has been approved.
  • Data collection will start soon
  • Message Testing plan and data collection tools has been developed.


USG BOR Survey

  • Survey for the 2019-2020 has been disseminated

TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)

Data Reminder: Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.

Updates

  • Tools for Life
    • TFL Policy and Procedures - Liz, Sam
    • Keeping Wiki updated and organized - Tori
    • TFL Website - Liz, Sam, Shaina, CP
    • Diversity Symposium on September 9 - Liz, Danny
  • CDC
    • Accessible Materials and Culturally Relevant Messages for Individuals with Disabilities
    • Carolyn PI, Johan and Liz Co-PI
      • Dissemination needs - collection of organizations and point of contact - in MS Teams! Thank you!
  • Social Media
    • Send articles, webinars, videos, general information, etc. to post and share with followers
    • Like, Follow, and Share our pages with your networks and beyond
  • ATAP (AT3)
    • Final report - Completed!
    • Exploring 2021 contract and deliverables - CP & Liz
      • AT Reuse Activities (PIOC)
      • Social Isolation/Connectedness Coalition (ACL/n4a) - CP, Liz, Rachel and Martha
  • TechSAge 2 RERC - Training and Outreach
    • Carolyn and Liz
    • Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
    • Check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more.
  • Webinars
    • Working on expanding our webinars
      • Able to offer CRC's and CEUs
    • Wired Wednesdays
    • ASK series
    • More webinar offerings from TFL?
  • Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
    • Submitting to the Technology and Disability Policy Highlights (TDPH)
  • Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase
    • Carolyn and Liz - Telework
      • focus groups, training

TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)

  • K-12 Contract FY 20 Updates
    • Portal
      • 214 Users registered representing
        • 130 local districts
        • 10 Charter Schools
        • 4 State Schools
        • 6 Georgia Network for Educational and Therapeutic Supports (GNETS)
        • Total of 150 Local Education Agencies (LEA’s) Represented
  • Software (not updated numbers)
    • 88 districts signed and operational
    • Software in 88 districts; 249,759 licenses (with a lot of current activity)
  • Videos that were produced for GaDOE are now available on the TFL YouTube channel (Text-to-Speech, Speech-to-Text, Captioning, Visual Supports, & Graphic Organizers).
  • EdTrade is moving along – internally able to log-in and make suggestions for Matthew’s team
  • Discovery Survey for GaDOE is in progress with an internal draft moving between a few of us
  • AT Partnership Presentations
    • State Advisory Panel (SAP) 9.3.20
    • Special Education Director Webinar 9.8.20
  • K-12 Membership Plan (Public & Private)
    • working on revising membership agreement for K-12
    • explore alignment of CIDI/TFL services to K-12 needs

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

  • Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 442
  • Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 79
  • Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 217
  • Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 91
  • Device Reutilization 3343


  • Wired Wednesdays will not be held on Sept 9th so that we can attend the Diversity Symposium. Maria will be doing the next one after that
  • Working with Liz to turn some of these into an hour for CRC and CEU credits
  • DAS Cares Act Funding- Yolanda is doing another survey for training and will get back to us
  • Rachel and Carolyn did an excellent job on the ACL presentation last week on dementia
  • Starting to get more requests for demos and loans
  • Those in the Text Complexity group have been working on items.
  • DeeDee is conducting an ASK webinar on AAC in the Workplace this Wednesday

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)

Remote Demo for Staff

  1. light up cane
  2. Vision Buddy
  3. Read
  4. Thanks Adam Palmer

Policies and Procedures

  1. I&A
  2. Sanitizing

Other Updates

  1. Followup with Aretta tomorrow at CPA
  2. Virtual Dragon Con happens this week
  3. VIrtual LEND tomorrow
  4. Credit-Able apps continue to come in

AccessGA Initiatives and Updates (Johan)

Action Items & Follow Up