TFL Team Meeting - 9/1/2020

From Tools For Life
Revision as of 22:30, 31 August 2020 by Lpersaud3 (Talk | contribs) (TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz))

Jump to: navigation, search

TFL Mission

  • Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

Team Meeting Expectations

1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.

2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.

3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.


Agenda

TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)

  • Check In - How are You?
    • USG COVID-19 Updated Telework & Flex forms
  • FY21 Allocations (July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020)
    • Please, double check and let me know if you have any questions/corrections
  • AEM
  • CDC
    • Need Help with Specific Activities
      • Contract with ASL Interpreter/CDI
      • Focus Groups getting Gift Cards for Participating
  • Funding:
    • Georgia Division of Aging (DAS) - In Process! Waiting for final Signatures & Worktag!
    • GaDOE FY20 & FY 21 - Co-PI Gina
    • GVRA Contract FY 21 - In Discussions with GT Leadership - Co-PI Martha & Zerrin
    • CDC Contract (9 Mths) - Co-PIs Liz & Johan
    • MENTAL COVID-19 Grant - Co-PI Maureen Linden
    • HHS DRRP - Aging Well ACCESS...
  • Danny Keynote for GDOC Braille Graduates!

TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)

Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal

  • ATOB Vol. 14 - Complete & Released! Thank you, Tori!! ATOB Vol. 14
  • TFL (Vol 15) Article on DBHDD Project has been submitted.
  • Our article is off to peer review. We are waiting for results.

What Users of AT Wish Developers Knew... complete

  • Report will be submitted shortly
  • Presentations have been submitted to:
    • GA Ed. Tech Conference (Nov/Atlanta)
    • ATIA (Feb/virtual)

Work ACCESS Project (Decision Tree Project) Content

  • Liz & Carolyn - Working on "Telework"
  • Ben & Dee Dee finalized "Communication" branch.
  • Ben, Carolyn & Liz are beginning a new branch: Supports for Remote Meeting Participation
  • Other members of the team wrapping up first round of tasks on "Reading & Writing":
  • proofing, short descriptions, validation, tagging & mapping to decision tree, etc.)

Work ACCESS Programming

  • Functioning model (skeleton) is out on a server for preliminary review. More robust version coming soon.
  • Annabel is helping with visual design for interface

Mastery of Assistive Technology

  • (MoAT) Small Bets project kicked off July 1st.
    • Team has finalized panel of AT "power users"
    • First round of data collection will start next week.
  • Announcement on NIDILRR FIP proposal expected soon
    • Would start Oct. 1st
    • 3 years, $600K
    • Apply Mastery of AT framework (Small Bets grant) to workplace

Aging - Decision Tree Project (Washington State)


CDC

  • IRB protocol for Need Assessment has been approved.
  • Data collection will start soon
  • Message Testing plan and data collection tools has been developed.


USG BOR Survey

  • Survey for the 2019-2020 has been disseminated

TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)

Data Reminder: Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.

Updates

  • Tools for Life
    • TFL Policy and Procedures - Liz, Sam
    • Keeping Wiki updated and organized - Tori
    • TFL Website - Liz, Sam, Shaina, CP
    • Diversity Symposium on September 9 - Liz, Danny
  • CDC
    • Accessible Materials and Culturally Relevant Messages for Individuals with Disabilities
    • Carolyn PI, Johan and Liz Co-PI
      • Dissemination needs - collection of organizations and point of contact - in MS Teams! Thank you!
  • Social Media
    • Send articles, webinars, videos, general information, etc. to post and share with followers
    • Like, Follow, and Share our pages with your networks and beyond
  • ATAP (AT3)
    • Final report - Completed!
    • Exploring 2021 contract and deliverables - CP & Liz
      • AT Reuse Activities (PIOC)
      • Social Isolation/Connectedness Coalition (ACL/n4a) - CP, Liz, Rachel and Martha
  • TechSAge 2 RERC - Training and Outreach
    • Carolyn and Liz
    • Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
    • Check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more.
  • Webinars
    • Working on expanding our webinars
      • Able to offer CRC's and CEUs
    • Wired Wednesdays
    • ASK series
    • More webinar offerings from TFL?
  • Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
    • Submitting to the Technology and Disability Policy Highlights (TDPH)
  • Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase
    • Carolyn and Liz - Telework
      • focus groups, training

TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)

  • K-12 Contract FY 20 Updates
    • Portal
      • 206 users registered representing:
        • 128 districts
        • 9 Charter Schools
        • 4 State Schools
        • 1 Georgia Network for Educational and Therapeutic Support (GNETS)
        • Total of 142 LEA’s represented/registered
    • Software
      • 88 districts signed and operational
      • 249,759 licenses provisioned (Read & Write, EquatIO, & WriQ)
    • Deliverables Completed
      • 5 mini videos (Speech-to-Text, Text-to-Speech, Graphic Organizers, Captioning, & Visual Supports)
    • Deliverables In Process and/or On-going
      • Consultations – Portal open for consultations
      • Loans – prepared to begin loans for 2020-21 school; loan to districts requesting
      • supporting webinars with Texthelp & GaDOE (contract to do 3 webinars, we’ve done 1) to continue to support software support and implementation
      • new schedule posted on GaDOE website for 2020-21 school year @ https://gpat.gadoe.org/Georgia-Project-for-Assistive-Technology/Pages/default.aspx; 3/5 videos posted here as well
      • EdTrade – development in process; materials development for roll-out
      • Discovery Surveys –draft questions
  • K-12 Contract FY21 Updates
    • Provided SOW to GaDOE
    • GVRA funds – Statement of work – submitted to Christine
  • Accessible Educational Materials (AEM) Cohort Application
    • Georgia selected! 2020-2024 AEM Cohort
    • 1/5 states selected

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

  • Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 300
  • Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 77
  • Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 202
  • Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 80
  • Device Reutilization 3339


  • Wired Wednesdays are going great! Next on will be August 26 with Rachel and Sal. Need people to sign up for Sept
  • Working with Liz to turn some of these into an hour for CRC and CEU credits
  • DAS Cares Act Funding as been approved! We will be meeting with Yolanda this week about next steps and surveys
  • Carolyn, John and Martha to follow up with Dr. Lisa Adams and Rick Sigman with the University of West Ga- need to send them a SOW
  • Washington Access AT List sent to the Washington Group to review and approve new tags
  • Starting to get more requests for demos and loans

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)

Remote Demo Invitation

Adam Palmer is going to be doing a demonstration of some new features of the Orcam MyEye and Read. He will also be demonstrating the newest version of the eSight.

https://zoom.us/j/91410503788

Credit-Able

Lots of interest and applicaitons coming in

New database is moving forward

GA Resources Presentation

Being tidied up and will then be shared

Staff-wide webinar is possible as well

NCIL Updates

Format is working well

Great workshops/discussions

  1. Pollicy updates on how COVID-19 and institutions
  2. Discussions of how AT can further IL goals
  3. ADA 30 discussion
  4. SILC (inaccessible) video showing

APRIL

Submitted two presentations

Virtual AT lab is likely going to happen

AccessGA Initiatives and Updates (Johan)

Action Items & Follow Up