Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 3/3/2020"

From Tools For Life
Jump to: navigation, search
(TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz))
(TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha))
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 62: Line 62:
 
**TFL Advisory Council Meeting - March 5
 
**TFL Advisory Council Meeting - March 5
 
***Topics to cover outside of TFL everyday activities  
 
***Topics to cover outside of TFL everyday activities  
**Amazon Contract & Video Project
+
**Amazon Contract & Video Project (CP, Liz, Sam, Danny, Rachel, DeeDee, Raminta)
 
***Working on scope of work and budget with Patrick  
 
***Working on scope of work and budget with Patrick  
 
***Developing scripts/storyboards for videos
 
***Developing scripts/storyboards for videos
***TFL team members involved: CP, Liz, Sam, Danny, Rachel, DeeDee
+
**CIDI Open House and Symposium, May 6-7 (Liz & Sam co-leads, Chantal, Elena, Trin, Shaina, Zerrin
**CIDI Open House and Symposium, May 6-7 - Liz & Sam co-leads for the planning committee along with Chantal; other committee members: Elena, Trin, Shaina, Zerrin, Carolyn
+
 
***The Open House and keynote speaker will be on the first day, in the late afternoon/evening, the symposium/program will be a full day on the second day
 
***The Open House and keynote speaker will be on the first day, in the late afternoon/evening, the symposium/program will be a full day on the second day
 
***Need contacts for invitations
 
***Need contacts for invitations
**GSU Classes coming up - TFL guest lecture  
+
**GSU Classes - TFL guest lecture  
 
***Funding 3/4; tour? - Danny (speaker), Tori (logistics)
 
***Funding 3/4; tour? - Danny (speaker), Tori (logistics)
 
*Institute Designed for Educating ALL Students (IDEAS) Update
 
*Institute Designed for Educating ALL Students (IDEAS) Update
Line 77: Line 76:
 
***Thursday 6/4 - sessions, grab your lunch and go, conference wraps up at noon
 
***Thursday 6/4 - sessions, grab your lunch and go, conference wraps up at noon
 
****Currently working on contract
 
****Currently working on contract
****Need your topic 5-10 exhibitors (be thinking of crossover to general Ed)
+
****Need your topic 5-10 exhibitors (be thinking of crossover to GenEd)
 
**TechSAge
 
**TechSAge
 
***Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
 
***Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
Line 87: Line 86:
 
**Wiki PPT submissions - Tori
 
**Wiki PPT submissions - Tori
 
***Please be sure to submit your PPT's in a timely manner.
 
***Please be sure to submit your PPT's in a timely manner.
 
+
**Please include the training team on professional development activities - meetings, presentations, trainings, events, tours, demos, visiting other sites, etc.
**Please include the training team on professional development activities - presentations, trainings, events, tours, demos, visiting other sites, etc.
+
  
 
*'''Ongoing Projects'''
 
*'''Ongoing Projects'''
 
*'''ATAP (AT3)'''
 
*'''ATAP (AT3)'''
**2020 contract is in place - webinars, etext remediation  
+
**2020 contract is in place - webinars, etext remediation, videos  
***social media accessibility webinar, videos, accessible docs (Danny and Tori)
+
  
 
*'''AT Reuse Activities'''
 
*'''AT Reuse Activities'''
 
**Carolyn, Liz, Danny, others as needed
 
**Carolyn, Liz, Danny, others as needed
**Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
+
**Still continue to provide Reuse TA, some disaster relief support
**Disaster Relief Efforts: PIDS - Danny lead, Portal requests - Danny/Ciara/Tori
+
 
+
*'''GTPE UD Video Project'''
+
**Liz, Sam, Tori, Raminta
+
**Writing scripts, Editing videos - almost done!
+
  
*'''Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase'''
+
*'''Work ACCESS / ASK KnowledgeBase'''
**Carolyn, Liz, Sarah, Ben S., Tori
+
**Carolyn, Liz, Sarah, Ben S., Tori, Rachel
 
**Focus groups - we need participants and would like your input on possible candidates  
 
**Focus groups - we need participants and would like your input on possible candidates  
  
Line 159: Line 151:
 
=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)'''==  
 
=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)'''==  
  
*Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 104
+
*Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 105
 
*Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 43
 
*Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 43
  
*Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 131
+
*Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 137
 
*Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 71
 
*Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 71
  
*Device Reutilization 1270
+
*Device Reutilization 1755
  
 
*3 new MFP Assessments in various stages of progress
 
*3 new MFP Assessments in various stages of progress
*Collaborating with Brian Clever from FODAC - Rachel
 
*Tomorrow Second Wind Dreams- Rachel
 
*AT Makers Making Change: Kristen Webber and Adina Bradshaw from Shepherd
 
*MapHabit: Memory Management and communication tool for mobile devices (Thanks, Sal for bringing to our attention!)
 
  
*Finishing up demos and assessments for the year
 
 
*Working on demos
 
*Working on demos
 +
 +
*Working on grant projects
 
*Ciara and Martha working on the report for Augusta University with John and Sheryl
 
*Ciara and Martha working on the report for Augusta University with John and Sheryl
  
 
=='''TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)'''==
 
=='''TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)'''==
 
Projects:  
 
Projects:  
 
'''App Finder Database'''
 
# THANK YOU CIARA!
 
  
 
'''Credit-Able'''
 
'''Credit-Able'''
#(Still) Getting ready to work on a grant application.
+
# There will soon be a new database for Credit-Able
#New focus!
+
# Looking for staff to look over new forms and interfaces when they are developed
#Telework loans!
+
  
 
'''ALIGN'''  
 
'''ALIGN'''  
# It's a thing
+
# Work on this project will start after TechSage
# Waiting on the thumbs up from Jon Sanford for recruitment
+
# Looking for interested PWD to download the app, plot a route and take it
 +
# $50 for participation
  
 
'''TechSage'''
 
'''TechSage'''
 
# April 5th  
 
# April 5th  
# Seeking participants who are "aging with a disability"
+
# All PWD have been recruited!
  
 
'''Miscellaneous Updates'''
 
'''Miscellaneous Updates'''
# SILC is having their ADA 30 celebration Thursday
 
## We will have access to the 30-ish minute documentary they made
 
# Danny is moving, find him out by the train tracks
 

Latest revision as of 10:06, 3 March 2020

TFL Mission

  • Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

Team Meeting Expectations

1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.

2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.

3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.


Agenda

TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)

TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)

Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal:

  • Volume 14 the theme of which will be "Literacy" is coming together. Tori is working on the layout and final copy of the first set of articles.
  • The theme for Volume 15 of ATOB Journal will be "AT and Communication."
    • Situation may be right to submit an article based upon our DBHDD project.
    • March 1st Call for Papers. Closes June 5th
    • New style guidelines coming.

GA Tech Small Bets Seed Grants for 2020

  • New annual $2 million seed grant program
    • Designed to seed the first steps of problem-solving that will impact grand challenges (examples: NSF’s 10 Big Ideas)
    • Awardees will receive up to $75,000 for one year
    • Teams should be interdisciplinary,
      • defined as pairing one or more PIs from the College of Design, College of Business, and the College of Liberal Arts
      • one or more PIs from the College of Computing, College of Engineering and the College of Sciences.
  • Proposals from CIDI
    • Zerrin: Support tool for Disability Service Providers
    • Ben: Tool to measure/ gauge mastery of AT

What Users of AT Wish Developers Knew About Their Literacy Experiences Project:

  • Transcription of sessions is now complete.
  • Thematic analysis under way.
  • Next step: working with college students from GA Tech.

Work ACCESS Project (Decision Tree Project):

  • Team is assessing feedback from pre-conference and small group expert panels from ATIA.
  • Finishing up current segments by end of April:
    • Working with Dee Dee on Communication segment.
    • Karen is finishing up Computer Access segment.
    • Maureen Linden is completing Seating & Mobility segment.
  • New modification areas (yet to be determined) begin May 1
  • Jeff Wilson is updating the demo of the Work ACCESS decision tree tool
    • Based upon feedback from ATIA.
    • First roll out Fall 2020
  • Started work on an article for publication on what we have learned in WA project on work accommodation for people with intellectual disabilities.

Other Decision Trees/Algorithm Projects:

  • Aging - Decision Tree Project (Washington State)

TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)

  • Data Reminder: Don't forget to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
  • What Happened & What's Upcoming
    • TFL Advisory Council Meeting - March 5
      • Topics to cover outside of TFL everyday activities
    • Amazon Contract & Video Project (CP, Liz, Sam, Danny, Rachel, DeeDee, Raminta)
      • Working on scope of work and budget with Patrick
      • Developing scripts/storyboards for videos
    • CIDI Open House and Symposium, May 6-7 (Liz & Sam co-leads, Chantal, Elena, Trin, Shaina, Zerrin
      • The Open House and keynote speaker will be on the first day, in the late afternoon/evening, the symposium/program will be a full day on the second day
      • Need contacts for invitations
    • GSU Classes - TFL guest lecture
      • Funding 3/4; tour? - Danny (speaker), Tori (logistics)
  • Institute Designed for Educating ALL Students (IDEAS) Update
    • Tuesday June 2 to Thursday June 4
      • Tuesday 6/2 - meetings/sessions, opening session, keynote, CEC reception
      • Wednesday 6/3 - sessions all day, Exhibit Hall open, AT Lab in Exhibit Hall, invited exhibitors only
      • Thursday 6/4 - sessions, grab your lunch and go, conference wraps up at noon
        • Currently working on contract
        • Need your topic 5-10 exhibitors (be thinking of crossover to GenEd)
    • TechSAge
      • Design Competition - Carolyn & Danny lead, Liz support
        • TFL activity - save the date! Sunday, April 5 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    • TFL Policy and Procedures - Liz, Sam, Gina
      • We have created a policy and procedure committee that will be overseeing TFL policies and procedures.
      • More information, specifically to managers, coming soon.
    • UD Videos - Final videos in captioning process!
    • Wiki PPT submissions - Tori
      • Please be sure to submit your PPT's in a timely manner.
    • Please include the training team on professional development activities - meetings, presentations, trainings, events, tours, demos, visiting other sites, etc.
  • Ongoing Projects
  • ATAP (AT3)
    • 2020 contract is in place - webinars, etext remediation, videos
  • AT Reuse Activities
    • Carolyn, Liz, Danny, others as needed
    • Still continue to provide Reuse TA, some disaster relief support
  • Work ACCESS / ASK KnowledgeBase
    • Carolyn, Liz, Sarah, Ben S., Tori, Rachel
    • Focus groups - we need participants and would like your input on possible candidates
  • TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
    • Carolyn, Liz
    • Have you listened to the podcast yet?
    • Continue to provide public awareness and education, Planning continues for competition. (Danny, Carolyn)
    • Check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more.
  • GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Raminta
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
    • Wireless RERC SoT - 5/21-22 - Save the Dates!

TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)

  • K-12
    • K-12 Contract – Statement of Work (SOW)
      • Contract is signed and ready to be executed
      • Timelines are January 2020 – December 2020 (Formal announcement last week to local education agencies (LEA's)
      • Components of this contract include:
        • Customized, mini AT Training Videos (3-7 minutes each) – 5 videos (Raminta & Nora)
        • Assistive Technology (AT Consultation Services) – portal to log services and track time
        • Assistive Technology Webinar Series – supporting a series that has already been scheduled and marketed
        • AT/UDL Software Pilot Program – software for reading, writing & math, possibly accommodation assessment
        • Assistive Technology Lending Library (shipping supplies & shipping from Danny's old office, DBHDD Equipment approved)
        • Discovery Surveys
        • EdTrade, Georgia Assistive Technology School Swap Database (meeting tomorrow to work on)
        • Strategic Roadmaps for future development and operation of
        • Expanded UDL/AT Software package
        • E-Text delivery program
        • District membership for CIDI/TFL services
        • February 25 @ 1:00 Staff meeting to focus on GaDOE Contract
        • TFL_GaDOE Portal for Requesting Services to go live Monday, February 24, 2017
        • Districts are already requesting software (Texthelp)
    • K-12 Referrals
      • Continue to get requests; refer for demonstrations
      • Thomaston-Upson County currently scheduled for next week
  • Georgia School for the Deaf Contract
      • AAC Assessment Complete
      • Two Trainings
        • waiting on feedback for GSD for feedback on training dates and content
  • Metro AT Consortia
    • last meeting March 11, 2020
    • started offering virtual meeting option which has been well received, requests to record when presentations are being made for future reference and redelivery
    • requesting a tour for the last meeting; coordinate details
  • AAC Camp – week of IDEAS Conference

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

  • Device Demo 10/1-19 until present All Centers 105
  • Device Demos 10/1/19 - Present TFL 43
  • Device Loans 10/1/19- Present All Centers 137
  • Device Loans 10/1/19- Present TFL 71
  • Device Reutilization 1755
  • 3 new MFP Assessments in various stages of progress
  • Working on demos
  • Working on grant projects
  • Ciara and Martha working on the report for Augusta University with John and Sheryl

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)

Projects:

Credit-Able

  1. There will soon be a new database for Credit-Able
  2. Looking for staff to look over new forms and interfaces when they are developed

ALIGN

  1. Work on this project will start after TechSage
  2. Looking for interested PWD to download the app, plot a route and take it
  3. $50 for participation

TechSage

  1. April 5th
  2. All PWD have been recruited!

Miscellaneous Updates