Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 11/06/18"

From Tools For Life
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 32: Line 32:
! scope=''row'' | Public Awareness
! scope=''row'' | Public Awareness
| <strong> 36,671 </strong> || 5,330,930 <strong> 36,671 </strong> || 5,330,930
| <strong> 36,671 </strong> || 5,330,930 || <strong> 36,671 </strong> || 5,330,930
! scope=''row'' | Information and Assistance
! scope=''row'' | Information and Assistance

Revision as of 18:11, 5 November 2018


TFL Mission: Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)

TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 12 mins.

ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site

  1. Volume 12 is in final proof/production (expected release in Oct/Nov 2018)
  2. Volume 13 submissions are in

TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)

  1. Troup has provided TFL a form for permission to do research - in process.
  2. IRB Protocol has been submitted (Revisions requested)
  3. Working with new administration in Troup County (Waiting on letter of agreement)
  4. Reworking schedule for 2nd semester (delays in tech installs)

In DBHDD Contract

  1. Collected data is being updated in SRI Database

Other Projects:

  • Decision Trees/Algorithum
  • In GVRA Contract
  • Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
  • Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research

TFL State Leadership Activities - Program and Outreach Updates (Liz) - 12 mins.

FY 17-18: 10/01/2017 - 09/30/2018 Tools for Life All Centers FY 18-19: 10/01/2018 - Present Tools for Life All Centers
Public Awareness 36,671 5,330,930 36,671 5,330,930
Information and Assistance 4 4
Group Trainings 1,757 591
Technical Assistance 3768
  • What Happened - Completed!
    • 10/19 - GVRA Emerging Managers & Supervisors Training - Martha, Asha
    • 10/19 - GVRA E3 Video Review - Sam lead
    • 10/24 - GSU Masters in Rehab Counseling guest lecture - Liz, Ben, Asha
    • 10/31 - AMAC Halloween Party! Congratulations to all the best costume winners :-)
  • GVRA
    • GVRA Leadership Summit - rescheduled to November 26-28 (Liz, Ben J, Sam)
    • 11/15 or 19 - GVRA Employment First Council Meeting - still finalizing details - Liz & Tori lead
  • ATOB Journal v12 - Almost done!(Carolyn & Tori)
  • GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - December 12 (Liz, Tori and Rachel lead)
    • Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
  • AT and DME Reuse Activities
    • Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
    • Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
    • Disaster Relief Efforts:
      • AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM (Liz)
      • Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
      • Portal requests and submissions - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
  • ATAP (AT3) - New contract development
    • Upcoming membership calls: November 21 and December 19
    • Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
    • Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
  • GT CATEA Work ACCESS - AT Software KnowledgeBase
    • Funded!
    • Input
  • GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
    • TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
    • Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
  • Important Reminders!
    • 800 line and incoming emails - Tori lead w/team support
    • Open Enrollment! Deadline is this Friday 11/9
    • Wednesday 11/7 - RAC DSP Fall Meeting (Martha in Lab, Danny lead tour, Sam & Liz coordinate logistics with Carolyn)
    • Friday 11/9 & Saturday 11/10 - Deaf Blind Technology Symposium (Carolyn will bring greetings, Danny will provide a one hour presentation from AMAC, 2 small group tours up to Lab, vendors will have tables, Sam & Liz coordinate logistics)
    • Saturday 11/10 - MDA Family Day - Liz, Ben, Ciara
    • TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? - Annabel lead
    • Wiki PPT Submission

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 12 mins.

Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op

Credit-Able Updates

  1. FY18 Summary: 84 loans processed (70 approved, 12 denied, 2 withdrawn). $287,158.75 lent. 118 active consumers totaling $350,537. 13 direct loans PIF, 8 charge offs ($19,182.55).
  2. October- 6 applications processed (6 approved), total of $21,200 lent
  3. 3 charge offs totaling $2,384
  4. 119 active loans with principle totaling $371,290
  5. Met with Regions, they will be sending some paperwork over for Mike to send to CFII board
  6. Proposed guarantee loan program based on our criteria for Credit-Able
  7. I'm hunting for money for Credit-Able, as always. Help our poor program so I don't have to go sell pudding down by the docks.

Lab Updates

  1. Ben and Danny are actively working on a redesign and update of the lab, Ben has great ideas for the mobile labs that will be implemented
  2. Ben is taking the lead on working with FODAC on their lab


  1. DBHDD orders have been placed. There was either an error with QBO e-mailing or Jim at CADAN just didn't see the PO come through, procedures have been put in place to prevent this from happening again.
  2. Georgia Resources Presentation is in the works. It will be long. It will be informative. It will be mandatory.
  3. APRIL officially reached out last week to get quotes on an accessible program, checking the 30+ presentations for accessibility and a webinar/presentation on accessible documents
  4. Colorado flaked out on AT lab at APRIL this year, I will be leading the AT labs going forward and trying to connect with the local ATAP for support
  5. Shoutout to Ben J for being a huge help with helping with lab re-design and some of the duties that were inherited from Asha
  6. Kudros to the event planning committee for an awesome Halloween (Liz, Sam, Rachel from TFL)

Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 12 mins.

  • Azure Device Tracking Deployment
    • Partners
  • Google Hardware Announcements
    • Google Home Hub
  • Techsage 2 Meeting Tomorrow

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha) - 12 mins.


  1. ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Tools for Life All Centers
Device Demos 205 1476
Device Loans 93 523
Reutilization 3274
  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:

- 139 Referred; 24 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services - Ciara is completing the intakes for DBHDD - DeeDee and Martha are working with an individual in the Atlanta area that lawyers are involved; this person also has the waiver. Nicki has asked us to work with this individual. - DeeDee and Martha had successfuk trip to Savannah area in September; this month team will be back in the Savannah area as well as the Albany and Valdosta area; working on the many individuals reffered in the Atlanta area - Carolyn, DeeDee, and Martha have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow with Nicki and Amy to discuss Belton group and monthly reports - Martha is working with Gloria Jackson-McLean who id the Supported Employment Coordinator with DBHDD in regards to how individuals can be added to this. We have met several individuals that should and want to work. Has a confernece call scheduled with her in October

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.

- 1st three tranings are being scheduled with Gracewood- might be November (TFL and AT 101, Disability Awareness, and Visual Supports) the next three will be designed around Gracewood Needs such as Communication in Group Settings - DeeDee, Ciara, and Martha went to Gracewood in September to begin working with those on the transition list - DeeDee, Sarah, and Martha have worked with 4 individuals that are now transitioned into the community. They are living in Savannah and Decatur. Research is being done and reports are in the process of being written. - still working out details with Gracewood and their list

  1. ) DEI

- Doing a contract and budget modification - They have hired Stacy Anderson (used to be with GAO and on our Advisory Board); Asha has trained her on how to use the referral system -Expecting referrals to come- Martha has reached back out to see if there is anything we can do on our end

  1. ) National Parks

- Working on contract extension and Year 2 funding - Completed both MLK and CHAT observations of the reVAMP tool - will do a follow-up with Jeremy Buzzell

  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) |

- Rachel and Martha presented to ADRC Staff 2 times last Thursday

  1. ) Still have several requests for AT Evals. DeeDee and Martha are working together in regards to the AAC Assessments that are being requested- being mindful of time etc

LDA: Conference committee meets each month. Working on ideas to have within the lab- Working with Rachel Berger with Microsoft to complete demos for lab

Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)

This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.

    • OneNote Demo
    • Carolyn's 2nd floor office / flex space - calendar protocol

Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics