Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 11/06/18"

From Tools For Life
Jump to: navigation, search
(TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny))
(Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 12 mins.)
 
(20 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 25: Line 25:
 
* Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
 
* Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
  
=='''Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 12 mins.'''==
+
=='''TFL State Leadership Activities - Program and Outreach Updates (Liz) - 12 mins.'''==
 
+
*Azure Device Tracking Deployment
+
**Partners
+
*Google Hardware Announcements
+
**Google Home Hub
+
*Techsage 2 Meeting Tomorrow
+
 
+
=='''TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 12 mins.'''==
+
Projects:
+
TFL - '''Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op'''
+
 
+
# CBA webinar was a huge success. About 75 participants and it was made available to hundreds more
+
# APRIL may be seeking AMAC services for e-text in the future
+
# PO is being sent to CADAN for one order for DBHDD, a quote is being requested today for a second order
+
 
+
Credit-Able Updates
+
# August- 9 applications processed (6 approved, 3 denied), total of $32,200 lent
+
# September- 8 applications processed (8 approved), total of $44,800 lent
+
# Currently- 8 to process by end of week total of $48,000
+
# FY 2018- 83 applications processed (70 approved, 11 denied, 2 withdrew) 87% approval rate, $257,158.75 lent
+
# 119 active loans with principle totaling $351,882
+
# Regions meeting went well. They are interested in doing a guarantee program with us
+
 
+
Other
+
# Visited ODS this morning for JAWS verification. I verified they don't have JAWS.
+
# 1 proposal accepted for ATIA
+
# 3 proposals accepted for GATE
+
 
+
=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)'''==
+
 
+
 
+
 
+
Projects:
+
#) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
+
  
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
{| class="wikitable"
 
|-
 
|-
! scope="col" | Fiscal Year 2017-2018!! scope="col" | Tools for Life !! scope="col" | All Centers  
+
! scope="col" | FY 17-18: 10/01/2017 - 09/30/2018!! scope="col" | Tools for Life !! scope="col" | All Centers !! scope="col" | FY 18-19: 10/01/2018 - Present!! scope="col" | Tools for Life !! scope="col" | All Centers
 
|-
 
|-
! scope=''row'' | Device Demos
+
! scope=''row'' | Public Awareness
| <strong> 203 </strong> || 1415
+
| <strong> 36,671 </strong> || 5,330,930 || <strong> 36,671 </strong> || 5,330,930
 
|-
 
|-
! scope=''row'' | Device Loans
+
! scope=''row'' | Information and Assistance
| <strong> 93 </strong> || 572
+
| <strong> 4 </strong> || 4
 
|-
 
|-
! scope=''row'' | Reutilization
+
! scope=''row'' | Group Trainings
 +
| <strong> 1,757 </strong> || 591
 +
|-
 +
! scope=''row'' | Technical Assistance
 
| <strong> </strong> || 3768  
 
| <strong> </strong> || 3768  
 
|-
 
|-
 
|}
 
|}
 
#) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:
 
- 139 Referred; 24 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services
 
- Ciara is completing the intakes for DBHDD
 
- DeeDee and Martha are working with an individual in the Atlanta area that lawyers are involved; this person also has the waiver. Nicki has asked us to work with this individual.
 
- DeeDee and Martha had successfuk trip to Savannah area in September; this month team will be back in the Savannah area as well as the Albany and Valdosta area; working on the many individuals reffered in the Atlanta area
 
- Carolyn, DeeDee, and Martha have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow with Nicki and Amy to discuss Belton group and monthly reports
 
- Martha is working with Gloria Jackson-McLean who id the Supported Employment Coordinator with DBHDD in regards to how individuals can be added to this. We have met several individuals that should and want to work. Has a confernece call scheduled with her in October
 
 
#) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.
 
- 1st three tranings are being scheduled with Gracewood- might be November (TFL and AT 101, Disability Awareness, and Visual Supports) the next three will be designed around Gracewood Needs such as Communication in Group Settings
 
- DeeDee, Ciara, and Martha went to Gracewood in September to begin working with those on the transition list
 
- DeeDee, Sarah, and Martha have worked with 4 individuals that are now transitioned into the community. They are living in Savannah and Decatur. Research is being done and reports are in the process of being written.
 
- still working out details with Gracewood and their list
 
#) DEI '''
 
- Doing a contract and budget modification
 
- They have hired Stacy Anderson (used to be with GAO and on our Advisory Board); Asha has trained her on how to use the referral system
 
-Expecting referrals to come- Martha has reached back out to see if there is anything we can do on our end
 
 
#) National Parks
 
- Sounds like contract modification/extension until Dec coming through
 
- Brian would like to rerecord webinars to keep; this is on hold until Brian confirms what platform NPS will be using
 
- Sarah, Rachel, and Martha are working with Brian Cook and  Jeremy Buzzell on Rapid Visual Assessment and will let us know how to proceed
 
- We will be working with MLK, CHAT, and Kennesaw this month with the reVAMP. We are working on a training presentation to complete before they do reVAMP with us observing
 
-
 
 
#) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. All Assessments have been completed
 
- They are working with Mike G and John R to have the AWARE database ICT reviewed!
 
 
#) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs -  DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.
 
- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment ADRC 2019 Conference will be June 19-21 in Savannah- looking for presentations!
 
 
#) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
 
 
#) Still have several requests for AT Evals. DeeDee and Martha are working together in regards to the AAC Assessments that are being requested- being mindful of time etc
 
 
LDA: Conference committee meets each month. Working on ideas to have within the lab- Working with Rachel Berger with Microsoft to complete demos for lab
 
 
=='''TFL State Leadership Activities - Program and Outreach Updates (Liz)'''==
 
  
 
*''' What Happened - Completed!'''
 
*''' What Happened - Completed!'''
Line 164: Line 94:
 
**Wiki PPT Submission
 
**Wiki PPT Submission
  
=='''Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)'''==
+
=='''TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 12 mins.'''==
 +
Projects:
 +
TFL - '''Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op'''
  
'''This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.'''
+
Credit-Able Updates
 +
# FY18 Summary: 84 loans processed (70 approved, 12 denied, 2 withdrawn). $287,158.75 lent. 118 active consumers totaling $350,537. 13 direct loans PIF, 8 charge offs ($19,182.55).
 +
# October- 6 applications processed (6 approved), total of $21,200 lent
 +
# 3 charge offs totaling $2,384
 +
# 119 active loans with principle totaling $371,290
 +
# Met with Regions, they will be sending some paperwork over for Mike to send to CFII board
 +
# Proposed guarantee loan program based on our criteria for Credit-Able
 +
# I'm hunting for money for Credit-Able, as always. Help our poor program so I don't have to go sell pudding down by the docks.
  
 +
Lab Updates
 +
# Ben and Danny are actively working on a redesign and update of the lab, Ben has great ideas for the mobile labs that will be implemented
 +
# Ben is taking the lead on working with FODAC on their lab
 +
 +
Other
 +
# DBHDD orders have been placed. There was either an error with QBO e-mailing or Jim at CADAN just didn't see the PO come through, procedures have been put in place to prevent this from happening again.
 +
# Georgia Resources Presentation is in the works. It will be long. It will be informative. It will be mandatory.
 +
# APRIL officially reached out last week to get quotes on an accessible program, checking the 30+ presentations for accessibility and a webinar/presentation on accessible documents
 +
# Colorado flaked out on AT lab at APRIL this year, I will be leading the AT labs going forward and trying to connect with the local ATAP for support
 +
# Shoutout to Ben J for being a huge help with helping with lab re-design and some of the duties that were inherited from Asha
 +
# Kudros to the event planning committee for an awesome Halloween (Liz, Sam, Rachel from TFL)
 +
 +
=='''Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 12 mins.'''==
 +
 +
*Launchpad Invitation Dec 6th-13th
 +
**Kevin Shankwiler, School of Industrial Design
 +
*BEP Update
 +
**Rob Groenendaal Inquiring
 +
**Danny and I are Strategizing
 +
*<del>FODAC AT LAB</del>
 +
**<del>Visit FODAC this month to assess and plan support</del>
 +
*ATIA Webinars February, May
 +
**Smart Home and Gaming Accessibility
 +
*Fire TV Cube
 +
**New "go to" entertainment solution
 +
 +
=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha) - 12 mins.'''==
 +
 +
Projects:
 +
#) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
 +
 +
{| class="wikitable"
 +
|-
 +
! scope="col" | Fiscal Year 2017-2018!! scope="col" | Tools for Life !! scope="col" | All Centers
 +
|-
 +
! scope=''row'' | Device Demos
 +
| <strong> 205 </strong> || 1476
 +
|-
 +
! scope=''row'' | Device Loans
 +
| <strong> 93 </strong> || 523
 +
|-
 +
! scope=''row'' | Reutilization
 +
| <strong> </strong> || 3274
 +
|-
 +
|}
 +
 +
# Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD)
 +
**161 Referred; 20 are Belton participants and will not be eligible for the research program or equipment; 24 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services
 +
**2 participants are requiring reports and extra time
 +
**Cancelled trip in October to south Ga due to hurricane and will be rescheduling
 +
**New monthly report formatting
 +
**November 13th will be presenting to DBHDD on Updates and Research
 +
**November 14-15 will be in Augusta area to complete assessments for both DBHDD and Gracewood
 +
**Gloria Jackson-McLean, the Supported Employment Coordinator with DBHDD- in regards to those wanting to work we must refer back to the PLA that did the referral to start the paperwork
 +
 +
 +
# Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | Gracewood
 +
**Two trainings scheduled November 15th (TFL and AT 101, Disability Awareness, and Visual Supports)
 +
**Visual Support Training November 28
 +
**Finishing up 4 reports this week of those who have transitioned out
 +
**Still working on the list of individuals with Gracewood
 +
 +
 +
#) DEI
 +
**Working on a contract extension and budget modification to include the purchase of equipment
 +
**Have heard there are 20 individuals that need to be seen but have referred 2
 +
**Reports will need to be written for these individuals to approve the equipment before purchase
 +
 +
 +
#) National Parks
 +
**Working on contract extension and Year 2 funding
 +
**July- October report was sent last week
 +
**Completed both MLK and CHAT observations of the reVAMP tool
 +
**will do a follow-up with Jeremy Buzzell this week
 +
 +
 +
 +
#) Division of Aging Services (DAS) |
 +
**Rachel and Martha presented to DAS/DHS transition coordinators and State ADRC managers and supervisors last Thursday- DAS would like for more individuals to be referred to TFL for assessments
 +
 +
 +
#) Other Items
 +
**Still have several requests for AT Evals.
 +
**DeeDee and Martha are working together on TFL policies with AAC
 +
**Presenting to the University of Hawaii Rehab Counseling class Nov 13 9:30pm-11:30pm on AT
 +
**Ben is working on 3 school assessments
 +
**LDA: Conference committee meets each month. Conference call with OK AT Program yesterday and they will be assisting us in the lab this year!
 +
 +
=='''Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)'''==
 +
'''This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.'''
 
**OneNote Demo
 
**OneNote Demo
 
**Carolyn's 2nd floor office / flex space - calendar protocol
 
**Carolyn's 2nd floor office / flex space - calendar protocol
  
 
=='''Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics'''==
 
=='''Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics'''==

Latest revision as of 11:45, 6 November 2018

Agenda

TFL Mission: Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)

TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 12 mins.

ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site

  1. Volume 12 is in final proof/production (expected release in Oct/Nov 2018)
  2. Volume 13 submissions are in

TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)

  1. Troup has provided TFL a form for permission to do research - in process.
  2. IRB Protocol has been submitted (Revisions requested)
  3. Working with new administration in Troup County (Waiting on letter of agreement)
  4. Reworking schedule for 2nd semester (delays in tech installs)

In DBHDD Contract

  1. Collected data is being updated in SRI Database

Other Projects:

  • Decision Trees/Algorithum
  • In GVRA Contract
  • Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
  • Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research

TFL State Leadership Activities - Program and Outreach Updates (Liz) - 12 mins.

FY 17-18: 10/01/2017 - 09/30/2018 Tools for Life All Centers FY 18-19: 10/01/2018 - Present Tools for Life All Centers
Public Awareness 36,671 5,330,930 36,671 5,330,930
Information and Assistance 4 4
Group Trainings 1,757 591
Technical Assistance 3768
  • What Happened - Completed!
    • 10/19 - GVRA Emerging Managers & Supervisors Training - Martha, Asha
    • 10/19 - GVRA E3 Video Review - Sam lead
    • 10/24 - GSU Masters in Rehab Counseling guest lecture - Liz, Ben, Asha
    • 10/31 - AMAC Halloween Party! Congratulations to all the best costume winners :-)
  • GVRA
    • GVRA Leadership Summit - rescheduled to November 26-28 (Liz, Ben J, Sam)
    • 11/15 or 19 - GVRA Employment First Council Meeting - still finalizing details - Liz & Tori lead
  • ATOB Journal v12 - Almost done!(Carolyn & Tori)
  • GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - December 12 (Liz, Tori and Rachel lead)
    • Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
  • AT and DME Reuse Activities
    • Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
    • Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
    • Disaster Relief Efforts:
      • AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM (Liz)
      • Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
      • Portal requests and submissions - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
  • ATAP (AT3) - New contract development
    • Upcoming membership calls: November 21 and December 19
  • GT CATEA UD DRRP
    • Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
    • Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
  • GT CATEA Work ACCESS - AT Software KnowledgeBase
    • Funded!
    • Input
  • GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
    • TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
    • Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
  • Important Reminders!
    • 800 line and incoming emails - Tori lead w/team support
    • Open Enrollment! Deadline is this Friday 11/9
    • Wednesday 11/7 - RAC DSP Fall Meeting (Martha in Lab, Danny lead tour, Sam & Liz coordinate logistics with Carolyn)
    • Friday 11/9 & Saturday 11/10 - Deaf Blind Technology Symposium (Carolyn will bring greetings, Danny will provide a one hour presentation from AMAC, 2 small group tours up to Lab, vendors will have tables, Sam & Liz coordinate logistics)
    • Saturday 11/10 - MDA Family Day - Liz, Ben, Ciara
    • TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? - Annabel lead
    • Wiki PPT Submission

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 12 mins.

Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op

Credit-Able Updates

  1. FY18 Summary: 84 loans processed (70 approved, 12 denied, 2 withdrawn). $287,158.75 lent. 118 active consumers totaling $350,537. 13 direct loans PIF, 8 charge offs ($19,182.55).
  2. October- 6 applications processed (6 approved), total of $21,200 lent
  3. 3 charge offs totaling $2,384
  4. 119 active loans with principle totaling $371,290
  5. Met with Regions, they will be sending some paperwork over for Mike to send to CFII board
  6. Proposed guarantee loan program based on our criteria for Credit-Able
  7. I'm hunting for money for Credit-Able, as always. Help our poor program so I don't have to go sell pudding down by the docks.

Lab Updates

  1. Ben and Danny are actively working on a redesign and update of the lab, Ben has great ideas for the mobile labs that will be implemented
  2. Ben is taking the lead on working with FODAC on their lab

Other

  1. DBHDD orders have been placed. There was either an error with QBO e-mailing or Jim at CADAN just didn't see the PO come through, procedures have been put in place to prevent this from happening again.
  2. Georgia Resources Presentation is in the works. It will be long. It will be informative. It will be mandatory.
  3. APRIL officially reached out last week to get quotes on an accessible program, checking the 30+ presentations for accessibility and a webinar/presentation on accessible documents
  4. Colorado flaked out on AT lab at APRIL this year, I will be leading the AT labs going forward and trying to connect with the local ATAP for support
  5. Shoutout to Ben J for being a huge help with helping with lab re-design and some of the duties that were inherited from Asha
  6. Kudros to the event planning committee for an awesome Halloween (Liz, Sam, Rachel from TFL)

Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 12 mins.

  • Launchpad Invitation Dec 6th-13th
    • Kevin Shankwiler, School of Industrial Design
  • BEP Update
    • Rob Groenendaal Inquiring
    • Danny and I are Strategizing
  • FODAC AT LAB
    • Visit FODAC this month to assess and plan support
  • ATIA Webinars February, May
    • Smart Home and Gaming Accessibility
  • Fire TV Cube
    • New "go to" entertainment solution

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha) - 12 mins.

Projects:

  1. ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
Fiscal Year 2017-2018 Tools for Life All Centers
Device Demos 205 1476
Device Loans 93 523
Reutilization 3274
  1. Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD)
    • 161 Referred; 20 are Belton participants and will not be eligible for the research program or equipment; 24 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services
    • 2 participants are requiring reports and extra time
    • Cancelled trip in October to south Ga due to hurricane and will be rescheduling
    • New monthly report formatting
    • November 13th will be presenting to DBHDD on Updates and Research
    • November 14-15 will be in Augusta area to complete assessments for both DBHDD and Gracewood
    • Gloria Jackson-McLean, the Supported Employment Coordinator with DBHDD- in regards to those wanting to work we must refer back to the PLA that did the referral to start the paperwork


  1. Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | Gracewood
    • Two trainings scheduled November 15th (TFL and AT 101, Disability Awareness, and Visual Supports)
    • Visual Support Training November 28
    • Finishing up 4 reports this week of those who have transitioned out
    • Still working on the list of individuals with Gracewood


  1. ) DEI
    • Working on a contract extension and budget modification to include the purchase of equipment
    • Have heard there are 20 individuals that need to be seen but have referred 2
    • Reports will need to be written for these individuals to approve the equipment before purchase


  1. ) National Parks
    • Working on contract extension and Year 2 funding
    • July- October report was sent last week
    • Completed both MLK and CHAT observations of the reVAMP tool
    • will do a follow-up with Jeremy Buzzell this week


  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) |
    • Rachel and Martha presented to DAS/DHS transition coordinators and State ADRC managers and supervisors last Thursday- DAS would like for more individuals to be referred to TFL for assessments


  1. ) Other Items
    • Still have several requests for AT Evals.
    • DeeDee and Martha are working together on TFL policies with AAC
    • Presenting to the University of Hawaii Rehab Counseling class Nov 13 9:30pm-11:30pm on AT
    • Ben is working on 3 school assessments
    • LDA: Conference committee meets each month. Conference call with OK AT Program yesterday and they will be assisting us in the lab this year!

Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)

This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.

    • OneNote Demo
    • Carolyn's 2nd floor office / flex space - calendar protocol

Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics