TFL Team Meeting - 10/2/2018
Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)
ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site
- Volume 12 is in production
- Volume 13 submissions are in
- Article on AMAC Study (Impact of Mastery of AT in HS on Post 2ndary Performance) has been returned for revision.
TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)
- IRB Protocol has been submitted (Revisions requested)
- Working with new administration in Troup County (Waiting on letter of agreement)
- Reworking schedule for 2nd semester (delays in tech installs)
In DBHDD Contract
- Collected data is being updated in SRI Database
- Decision Trees/Algorithum
- In GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.)
- BEP Currency Reader
- New Pilot Program TFL is a part of
- We will be providing currency readers at no cost to the individual. The individual will need to fill out the application and we will need to track number that are going out.
- Devices are here!!!
- Have created some slides to include in our presentations, will get those out to everyone.
- IOT Tracking Azure Platform
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- Danny is doing a webinar for Credit Builder's Alliance (best practices, communication and disability 101 in around an hour)
- NCIL was a huge success! Lots of connections made, met some of the folks on the emergency prep committee, will be applying
- Great workshop on Guardianship and IL from Able South Carolina
- Presentation mashup for APRIL- digital media access (iOS crash course, GARRS, NFB Newsline and BARD and how they can be accessed)
- Thumbs up for AT lab at APRIL in conjunction with CO ATAP
- 12 applications processed last month (11 approved, 1 denied), total of $37,513.75 lent
- FY 2018- 66 applications (56 approved, 8 denied, 2 withdrawn) $180,158.75 lent
- 161 active loans with principle totaling $596,454 before audit 112 active loans with principle totaling $309,204.00
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)
- ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 453, Device Demo 1306, Device Reutilization 2434; TFL- Device Loans 80, Device Demo 185 - 10/1/16 - this date last year - All Centers - Device Loans 376, Device Demo 1678, Device Reutilization 5883; TFL- Device Loans 46, Device Demo 134
- ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:
- 139 Referred; 24 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services - Ciara is completing the intakes for DBHDD - DeeDee and Martha are working with an individual in the Atlanta area that lawyers are involved; this person also has the waiver. Nicki has asked us to work with this individual. - DeeDee and Martha had successfuk trip to Savannah area in September; this month team will be back in the Savannah area as well as the Albany and Valdosta area; working on the many individuals reffered in the Atlanta area - Carolyn, DeeDee, and Martha have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow with Nicki and Amy to discuss Belton group and monthly reports - Martha is working with Gloria Jackson-McLean who id the Supported Employment Coordinator with DBHDD in regards to how individuals can be added to this. We have met several individuals that should and want to work. Has a confernece call scheduled with her in October
- ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.
- 1st three tranings are being scheduled with Gracewood- might be November (TFL and AT 101, Disability Awareness, and Visual Supports) the next three will be designed around Gracewood Needs such as Communication in Group Settings - DeeDee, Ciara, and Martha went to Gracewood in September to begin working with those on the transition list - DeeDee, Sarah, and Martha have worked with 4 individuals that are now transitioned into the community. They are living in Savannah and Decatur. Research is being done and reports are in the process of being written. - still working out details with Gracewood and their list
- ) DEI
- Doing a contract and budget modification - They have hired Stacy Anderson (used to be with GAO and on our Advisory Board); Asha has trained her on how to use the referral system -Expecting referrals to come- Martha has reached back out to see if there is anything we can do on our end
- ) National Parks
- Sounds like contract modification/extension until Dec coming through - Brian would like to rerecord webinars to keep; this is on hold until Brian confirms what platform NPS will be using - Sarah, Rachel, and Martha are working with Brian Cook and Jeremy Buzzell on Rapid Visual Assessment and will let us know how to proceed - We will be working with MLK, CHAT, and Kennesaw this month with the reVAMP. We are working on a training presentation to complete before they do reVAMP with us observing -
- ) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. All Assessments have been completed
- They are working with Mike G and John R to have the AWARE database ICT reviewed!
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.
- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment ADRC 2019 Conference will be June 19-21 in Savannah- looking for presentations!
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
- ) Still have several requests for AT Evals. DeeDee and Martha are working together in regards to the AAC Assessments that are being requested- being mindful of time etc
LDA: Conference committee meets each month. Working on ideas to have within the lab- Working with Rachel Berger with Microsoft to complete demos for lab
TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Training and Outreach Updates (Liz)
- Upcoming Activities
- DiversAbility Day - October 1
- LeadingAge Engage at Every Age Expo- tomorrow October 3 - (Asha & Martha set up; Asha, Rachel, Ben, Sam, Annabel, Liz showtime; Asha, Rachel, Annabel breakdown)
- Georgia Libraries Conference - October 3-4 (Tori & Ciara)
- RACAA/Provost meeting - October 4 (Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Caiti)
- NDEAM Panel - October 5
- New Hire Orientation - October 5 (Sam)
- Emerging Managers & Supervisors Training - October 19 (Liz, Ben, Sam, Carolyn??, Martha??)
- E3 video project (Sam)
- GVRA Leadership Summit - rescheduled to November 26-28
- ATOB Journal v12 - Carolyn & Tori lead
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - trying to reschedule (Liz & Tori lead)
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
- AT and DME Reuse Activities
- AT Reuse Activities:
- Disaster Relief Efforts
- AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM (Liz)
- Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
- Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
- ATAP (AT3) - New contract development
- GT CATEA UD DRRP
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- GT CATEA AT Software KnowledgeBase
- Survey, Design Input
- Important Reminders!
- TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? - Annabel lead
- Wiki PPT Submission
Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)