Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 10/2/2018"

From Tools For Life
Jump to: navigation, search
(TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Training and Outreach Updates (Liz))
(TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Training and Outreach Updates (Liz))
Line 121: Line 121:
 
**TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
 
**TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
  
*'''ATAP (AT3) National Pass It On Center'''
+
*'''AT and DME Reuse Activities'''
 
**AT Reuse Activities:  
 
**AT Reuse Activities:  
 
**Disaster Relief Efforts
 
**Disaster Relief Efforts
Line 127: Line 127:
 
***Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
 
***Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
 
***Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
 
***Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
 +
 +
*ATAP (AT3) - New contract development
  
 
*'''GT CATEA Workplace DRRP'''
 
*'''GT CATEA Workplace DRRP'''

Revision as of 20:23, 1 October 2018

Agenda

Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)

ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site

  1. Volume 12 is in production
  2. Volume 13 submissions are in
  3. Ben submitted article on AMAC Study (Impact of Mastery of AT in HS on Post 2ndary Performance) for peer review.

TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA) has agreed to host this study.

  1. IRB Protocol has been submitted.
  2. Working with new administration in Troup County
  3. Training for Teachers tentatively set for Aug 15-16

In DBHDD Contract

  1. Collected data is being updated in SRI Database

Other Projects:

  • Decision Trees/Algorithum
  • In GVRA Contract
  • Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
  • Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research

Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.)

  • BEP Currency Reader

- New Pilot Program TFL is a part of

- We will be providing currency readers at no cost to the individual. The individual will need to fill out the application and we will need to track number that are going out.

- Devices are here!!!

- Have created some slides to include in our presentations, will get those out to everyone.

  • IOT Tracking Azure Platform
  • DragonCon

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)

Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op

  1. Danny is doing a webinar for Credit Builder's Alliance (best practices, communication and disability 101 in around an hour)
  2. NCIL was a huge success! Lots of connections made, met some of the folks on the emergency prep committee, will be applying
    1. Great workshop on Guardianship and IL from Able South Carolina
  3. Presentation mashup for APRIL- digital media access (iOS crash course, GARRS, NFB Newsline and BARD and how they can be accessed)
  4. Thumbs up for AT lab at APRIL in conjunction with CO ATAP

Credit-Able Updates

  1. 12 applications processed last month (11 approved, 1 denied), total of $37,513.75 lent
  2. FY 2018- 66 applications (56 approved, 8 denied, 2 withdrawn) $180,158.75 lent
  3. 161 active loans with principle totaling $596,454 before audit 112 active loans with principle totaling $309,204.00

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

WELCOME DEE DEE!!

Projects:

  1. ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:

- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 453, Device Demo 1306, Device Reutilization 2434; TFL- Device Loans 80, Device Demo 185 - 10/1/16 - this date last year - All Centers - Device Loans 376, Device Demo 1678, Device Reutilization 5883; TFL- Device Loans 46, Device Demo 134

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:

- 126 Referred; 20 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.

- Survey has been completed (thanks Asha and Sam C); waiting to hear back from Gracewod regarding mailing iPads for surveys to be completed- hopefully will be mailed this week - Trainings will be shaped by the outcome of surveys- Asha is compiling results (Sent in 90 responses on papaer) - 10 individuals already identified to be transitioned out soon and will need AT ASAP - Krista, Rachel, and Martha have made one trip to Gracewood. We are waiting to receive the AT Agreement forms to be returned; will follow-up this week - This project does not have funds to purchase equipment; will be doing loans to make sure equipment is right fit - Rachel and Martha working with Gracewood and TFL Training team in regards to 6 2 hour Disability 101 Trainings. One will be a recorded webinar. Looking at the week of July 23rd for the other 5 - Rachel and Martha looking at calendars for Savannah- Two Gracewood individuals have transitioned out there and there are 4/5 new DBHDD referrals in the Savannah area

  1. ) DEI

- Doing a contract and budget modification - referred 2 individuals but not able to complete assessments due to on the job training or individual keeps canceling - Rachel doing a great job with communication btw TFL and DEI - Call with Rossany last Thursday; budget modification should be coming through soon - Would like to hire counselors in Atlanta and has asked for TFL Training June 22nd; Training on hold until they are able to hire

  1. ) National Parks

- Sounds like contract modification/extension until Dec coming through - Brian would like to rerecord webinars to keep; this is on hold until Brian confirms what platform NPS will be using - Brian is working with Jeremy Buzzell on Rapid Visual Assessment and will let us know how to proceed - Ray Bloomer from the National Center for Accessibility will be here and Brian Cook for a tour at 3:30 this Thursday

  1. ) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. All Assessments have been completed
  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.

- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment ADRC 2019 Conference will be June 19-21 in Savannah

  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
  1. ) Still have several requests for AT Evals and AAC Assessments.

LDA: Conference committee meets each month. 6/27/2018: John Rempel provided updates for the group regarding the LDA Website and App needing attention for accessibility.

TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Training and Outreach Updates (Liz)

  • Upcoming Activities
    • DiversAbility Day - October 1
    • LeadingAge Engage at Every Age - tomorrow October 3 - Who's going?
    • Georgia Libraries Conference - October 3-4 (Tori & Ciara)
    • RACAA/Provost meeting - October 4 (Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Caiti)
    • NDEAM Panel
  • GVRA
    • New Hire Orientation - October 5 (Sam)
    • Emerging Managers & Supervisors Training - October 19
    • GVRA Leadership Summit - rescheduled to November 26-28
  • ATOB Journal v12 - Carolyn & Tori lead
  • TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? - Annabel lead
  • GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - trying to reschedule (Liz & Tori lead)
    • Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
  • GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
    • TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
  • AT and DME Reuse Activities
    • AT Reuse Activities:
    • Disaster Relief Efforts
      • AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM (Liz)
      • Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
      • Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
  • ATAP (AT3) - New contract development
  • GT CATEA Workplace DRRP
    • Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
    • Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
  • GT CATEA FIP
    • 2 focus groups @ ATIA 2018 (Complete!)
    • Survey, Design Input
  • Important Reminder!
    • All presentations for 2018 that have not been added to the wiki by Tuesday, 8/14

Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)

  • (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)

Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics