Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 10/19/2021"

From Tools For Life
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(37 intermediate revisions by 9 users not shown)
Line 18: Line 18:
# Watch Resourcefulness: Being Problem Solvers and Solution Finders
# Watch Resourcefulness: Being Problem Solvers and Solution Finders
**https://www.linkedin.com/learning/developing-resourcefulness/what-does-it-mean-to-be-resourceful?u=2163426
**https://www.linkedin.com/learning/developing-resourcefulness/what-does-it-mean-to-be-resourceful?u=2163426
# TFL Website Planning Party! Solutions Oriented! CP will hold the Date!
# TFL Website Planning - Liz


=='''TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)'''==
=='''TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)'''==
* ‘’’HR’’’
* '''GT|HR'''
** Hire Process: AT Acquisition Manager Position
** Hire Process: AT Acquisition Manager Position
** Hire Process: Program Support Spec. Sr. Position
** Hire Process: Program Support Spec. Sr. Position
*'''Cybersecurity Required Course'''
*'''Open Enrollment'''
** Did you Complete Yours?
** Oct. 25 - Nov. 10
** Open Enrollment - Oct. 25 - Nov. 10


*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
* TFL Professional Development:
* TFL Professional Development:
**'''ACTION ITEM:''' Resourcefulness: Being Problem Solvers and Solution Finders
**'''ACTION ITEM:'''  
**https://www.linkedin.com/learning/developing-resourcefulness/what-does-it-mean-to-be-resourceful?u=2163426
**Managing Stress for Positive Change
 
**https://www.linkedin.com/learning/managing-stress-for-positive-change/welcome?autoAdvance=true&autoSkip=false&autoplay=true&resume=true&u=2163426
**In the workplace, stress is often viewed in purely negative terms. It's seen as a response that should simply be minimized or pushed aside; however, it's possible to use stress to fuel positive change. In this course, join instructor Heidi Hanna, PhD as she discusses what stress is, exactly; how you can train yourself to use stress in more effective ways; and what managers can do to reduce employee stress when an organization experiences difficult times. She covers how individuals can use stress for good by assessing and adjusting it, as well as what you-as a manager-can do to create an environment and communication style that helps connect employees to the bigger picture.
**Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
*'''GT Partnerships'''
* AccessCORPS
* ABLE Alliance - Google
*'''Allocations'''
*'''Allocations'''
**Make sure these are correct - any October changes by 12 on Thursday.  
**Make sure these are correct - any October changes by 12 on Thursday.  
* '''Projects:'''
* '''Projects:'''
* GaDOE FY21 - SOW Submitted Yesterday
* GaDOE FY21 - SOW Submitted  
* GVRA FY 22  
* GVRA FY 22  
* CDC Contract - NCE through Sept. 30, 2022. (Updates, ATOB, UNC Research & Dissemination of Videos)
* CDC Contract - NCE through Sept. 30, 2022. (Updates, ATOB, UNC Research & Dissemination of Videos)
Line 46: Line 50:
* Wireless RERC - NCE - 2 Videos
* Wireless RERC - NCE - 2 Videos
*'''Proposals:'''
*'''Proposals:'''
** GaDOE Year 3: Early Development
** NSF - Transportation & Accessibility (GT Partners)
* '''TFL Strategic Planning - Focused Sessions'''
* '''TFL Strategic Planning - Focused Sessions'''
*Upcoming:  
*Completed:
**Direct Services - Martha (October 18th - 2-4 PM)
** TFL Overview - CP
** TFL Policy - CP
** AT Acquisition (Part 1) - CP
**Direct Services - Martha (October 18th - 2-4 PM) - THank you, Martha & to everyone for Participating!
*Upcoming:
** AAC Lab - DeeDee (October 25th 3-4:30 PM)
** AAC Lab - DeeDee (October 25th 3-4:30 PM)
** AT Considerations - Gina (November)
** AT Considerations - Gina (November)
Line 56: Line 64:
** TFL into CIDI S&E Research - Zerrin (December)
** TFL into CIDI S&E Research - Zerrin (December)
** Wrap Up & Action Items - CP (December & January 2022)
** Wrap Up & Action Items - CP (December & January 2022)
*'''AT Minute!'''
**OrbitNote: Released last week (10/12) OrbitNote is designed to create, transform and experience digital documents. Creating accessible, dynamic work and learning environments. Texthelp’s PDF Reader was always part of Read&Write, it included all the literacy support tools. If you are a Read&Write customer you will still have everything you need to create accessible documents.
** OrbitNote, as it grows and more features are added it will become a stand-alone product with premium features that we know you’ll love - so watch this space!
**https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/orbitnote/feepmdlmhplaojabeoecaobfmibooaid?hl=en-GB


=='''Complete!! CDC/F Trainings & Activities (Carolyn)'''==
=='''Complete!! CDC/F Trainings & Activities (Carolyn)'''==
Line 144: Line 156:
**TFL Policy and Procedures - Keep going! Follow up coming soon.
**TFL Policy and Procedures - Keep going! Follow up coming soon.
**Webinar archives - Are any of yours missing?
**Webinar archives - Are any of yours missing?
**TFL Website, wiki - Liz, Kayla, Tori and Shaina  
**TFL Website, wiki (discuss process) - Liz, Kayla, Tori, Shaina, Trish (support)
**Training plan - host more virtually - we're doing it!
**Training plan - host more virtually - we're doing it!
***ARC Disability 101 - rescheduled for 11.4 at 11:00 AM
***ARC Disability 101 - rescheduled for 11/4 at 11:00 AM


*'''GCDD Accessibility Grant - Universal Design for Learning and Plain Language - Success!
*'''GCDD Accessibility Grant - Universal Design for Learning and Plain Language - Success!
Line 155: Line 167:
**CEU's - Continuing Education Units approved and distributed by the AAC Institute
**CEU's - Continuing Education Units approved and distributed by the AAC Institute
**CRC's - Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Credits approved and distributed by the Commissioner Rehabilitation Counselor Certification or CRCC  
**CRC's - Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Credits approved and distributed by the Commissioner Rehabilitation Counselor Certification or CRCC  
***All applications '''must be submitted no later than 30 days before the live event.'''
***All applications must be submitted no later than 30 days before the live event.  


*'''CDC/CDC Foundation''' - Carolyn-PI, Liz-Co-PI, Norah - Content Creator and Manager, Trish-Project Support
*'''CDC/CDC Foundation''' - Carolyn-PI, Liz-Co-PI, Norah - Content Creator and Manager, Trish-Project Support, COVID-19 Accessible Materials for Individuals with Disabilities - COMPLETE!
**COVID-19 Accessible Materials for Individuals with Disabilities
**Working on archiving the project - Teams and Dropbox
**Working on archiving the project - Teams and Dropbox
**Microsite maintenance will run through 2022 - Norah
**Microsite maintenance will run through 2022 - Norah lead
**Will still collect monthly analytics - Tori lead  
**Will still collect monthly analytics - Tori lead  
**AUCD Conference presentation - CP and Liz with CDC and CDC Foundation


*'''ATAP (AT3)''' - AT Reuse Activities, AT Database - Carolyn, Liz, Trish(support)
*'''ATAP (AT3)''' - AT Reuse Activities, AT Database - Carolyn, Liz, Trish(support)
Line 169: Line 181:
*'''Webinars''' - WORK ACCESS series; Wired Wednesdays
*'''Webinars''' - WORK ACCESS series; Wired Wednesdays


*'''Wireless RERC - Training and TA''' - Outreach & Public Awareness - Carolyn, Liz
*'''Wireless RERC - Training and TA''' - Outreach & Public Awareness - Carolyn, Raminta, Liz
**Extension and funding for video work
**1. Making virtual meetings more accessible in emergencies, and  
**2. How to minimize the text complexity in messaging


*'''Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase''' - Focus groups, trainings, webinars  
*'''Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase''' - Focus groups, trainings, webinars - Tori


*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!''' -
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!''' - The ILRU (Independent Living Research Utilization) program is a national center for information, training, research, and technical assistance in independent living. Learn more at [http://www.ilru.org the ILRU website]


=='''Tori's Updates'''==
=='''Tori's Updates'''==
Line 182: Line 195:
=='''Kayla's Updates'''==
=='''Kayla's Updates'''==
*'''Graphic Design Projects''' - Kayla
*'''Graphic Design Projects''' - Kayla
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
** ATAP/AT3 Site Design**
** ACCESS Projects**
** AT Network**
** TFL Website Re-Design/Drupal Translation **
 
*''' Updating Graphic Design File Structure on Dropbox '''*
 
*''' Reach out for any future graphic design assistance/projects or questions. '''*
 
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend:'''
** Adobe Max 2021: FREE Virtual Creativity Conference - October 26-28 | Register at https://max.adobe.com**


=='''Raminta's Updates'''==
=='''Raminta's Updates'''==
Line 192: Line 215:
K-12 Updates
K-12 Updates
*Year 3 Statement of Work GaDOE has been submitted
*Year 3 Statement of Work GaDOE has been submitted
**Next State Board of Education meeting is November
**Next [https://www.gadoe.org/External-Affairs-and-Policy/State-Board-of-Education/Pages/default.aspx State Board of Education] meeting is scheduled for November 3 & 4
*Continuing current K-12 deliverables
*Continuing current K-12 deliverables
** Consultations
* We are experiencing an increase in K-12 STEM/STEAM / AT / technology requests for support/collaboration.
**Software
*Receive notification from UGA that the implementation grant for the Georgia College Transition Partnership was funded. This will provide an additional three years of funding to implement the work.
** Loan Requests
*Preparing a new presentation for the Emory Neurodiversity Course – November 9 – Working with Dr. Matt Segall & Dr. Laurel Snider. About half of the class has disclosed, publicly, some personal aspect of or connection to having a neurodivergent identity or diagnosis.
***Ordered & received some new equipment for loans based on requests
*Texthelp – November 16, 2021 – Texthelp Master Class @ CIDI (in person)
***schedule a time to go in and be sure we know how to use the equipment before loaning
 
***be sure all equipment is inventoried and clearly labeled
***discuss "marketing" plan - most is specialized equipment (FM system, portable, classroom soundfield system, etc.)
***target particular groups to let them know about the new equipment so we don't create a backlog of requests
*Texthelp – November 16, 2021 – Texthelp Master Class @ CIDI (in person)
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
**[https://communicationfirst.org/LISTEN/#movie LISTEN Movie] 5:25
**[https://thisisnotaboutme.film/ this is not about me] Rent Movie for $9.99
**[https://digitability.com/pixarloop/ Loop] Pixar’s First Non-Verbal Character with Autism -stream on Disney+
**[https://vimeo.com/43931633 Thaysa] 13:18
**[https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=IGKS95G4ynM Carr Brackett – DynaVox: Down Syndrome AAC Success Story] 4:33
**[https://www.wretchesandjabberers.org/ Wretches & Jabberers] Purchase or watch with public library card or university login 1 hr. 34 mins
**[https://www.atia.org/at3-center-portal/ AT3 Center – ATIA Online Course Subscription Program Portal]


=='''Norah's Updates'''==
=='''Norah's Updates'''==
Line 223: Line 249:


=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)'''==
=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)'''==
*Wired Wednesdays- Ciara is working on October- It will be about the new features in the C-Pens. WATAP will be covering November and December.  
*Thank you again for a successful DS Strategic planning meeting yesterday. I am looking forward to further discussions on things we talked about
*AT Lab- thank you to everyone who helped! Items on the 2nd floor have been organized. Worked with IT and things that no longer work will need to be surplused. Charlie has the form for that and can assist. Drawers are labeled with items and will be added onto an online word doc in the AT Lab channel on TEAMS. There is also another document for items needed for the lab (this is not AT equipment)
 
*Have added serval new AT items for voice amplification and FM system
*We shall begin to move forward and not complete any AT Eval/Assessments in all areas. Please be sure to check slides in upcoming presentations.
*Met with Carolyn and IT team in regards to the SRI/TFL database- looking for solutions to make the database be more automatic and efficient
 
*Rachel, Martha, Sal presenting Chattahoochee OTA class on October 14th
*Last Thursday Rachel, Sal, and Martha presented to the Chattahoochee OTA class. Despite some technical problems on their end at the beginning- it went really well. Students asked several questions. Cross-training with Sal on presenting other presentations.
*Adam Palmer has been rescheduled to October 25th- please let me know what you would like to see https://www.palmervision.com/
 
*working in several demos for DOE and parents that have contacted us
*Monday, October 25, Adam Palmer will be at CIDI with AT for vision for people to try and ask questions. https://www.palmervision.com/about-us/ As a reminder he would like to donate items to our AT Lab in exchange for data and being able to assist training on devices to those who borrow. I feel this could be a win-win esp with K-12. Please look at the link and send me any device you would like for him to bring by tomorrow.
 
*Wired Wednesdays- Carolyn will be our guest speaker for the November Wired Wednesday. Scanning Pens was excellent in October and would love to see how we can update our older c-pen models to the new models.
 
*AT Lab- we are continuing to work on this. Sal has been adding new devices to the database. Ciara will be working with Sal tomorrow on how to create the barcodes. We have been adding device location into the Teams file
 
*Working with several individuals on providing resources and information about AT. Purchased 2 new joysticks that has dwell software built-in! This is new technology because in the past you would have to buy the dwell software separate.
 
*Working with Maureen with a University of Fla capstone student Rachel Scarboro. She is completing her OTD. Maureen will be the lead and she will work with Rachel and Martha on the DS Team as well as Maureen on research. Looking for her to join Fall 2022. Hours are flexible meaning that they can be virtual and not limited to therapy or one on one with a person.


*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
https://astroaccess.org/


=='''Ciara's Updates'''==
=='''Ciara's Updates'''==
'''TFL Data:'''
'''TFL Data:'''
*Device Demo Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers:  
*Device Demo Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers: 0
**Device Demo for FY21: 136
**Device Demo for FY21: 137
**Device Demo for FY20:
**Device Demo for FY20: 478
**Device Demo for FY19:
**Device Demo for FY19: 1029
*Device Demos Oct. FY22- Present TFL  
*Device Demos Oct. FY22- Present TFL: 0
**Device Demo for FY21: 25
**Device Demo for FY21: 25
**Device Demo for FY20:
**Device Demo for FY20: 79
**Device Demo for FY19:
**Device Demo for FY19: 185
*Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers  
*Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers: 0
**Device Loans for FY21: 188
**Device Loans for FY21: 189
**Device Loans for FY20:
**Device Loans for FY20: 258
**Device Loans for FY19:
**Device Loans for FY19: 634
*Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present TFL  
*Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present TFL: 0
**Device Loans for FY21: 76
**Device Loans for FY21: 76
**Device Loans for FY20:
**Device Loans for FY20: 94
**Device Loans for FY19:
**Device Loans for FY19: 352


*Device Reutilization Oct. FY22 -  
*Device Reutilization Oct. FY22 - 0
**Device Reutilization for FY21: 4677
**Device Reutilization for FY21: 4678
**Device Reutilization for FY20:
**Device Reutilization for FY20: 4333
**Device Reutilization for FY19:
**Device Reutilization for FY19: 7266


'''TFL AppFinder:'''
'''TFL AppFinder:'''
* Jamf Update & Timeline for Rollout
* Jamf Update & Timeline for Rollout - Jerel is waiting for OIT to set up his account to receive permissions in order to set service accounts for TFL team
* VPP Update & Timeline for Rollout
* Highlight 1-3 New Apps in Appfinder - no new apps, but has been updated to include communication apps that we use often
* Highlight 1-3 New Apps in Appfinder


'''TFL Lab:'''
'''TFL Lab:'''
* Policies & Procedures Update
* "How to Guides" Updates - There is a new folder under the TFL Direct Services channel on Teams where ""Cheat Sheets & How To Guides"" exists. There are different assistive technology categories. DeeDee & I met with Valerie to discuss the accessibility of the cheat sheets, she has offered to give the TFL team a refresher training on PDF & Word Doc accessibility if we are interested.
** AT Lab Channel
* "How to Guides" Updates
* New AT for Lab Updates
* New AT for Lab Updates


*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!''' - https://pe.gatech.edu/wlpd/learning GTPE, Workplace Learning & Professional Development offers a wide variety of free courses such as Giving & Receiving Feedback, Conflict Management, Managing Your Performance, etc.
*
*


Line 285: Line 318:
*'''TFL AT Awareness for Dementia & Isolation Update'''  
*'''TFL AT Awareness for Dementia & Isolation Update'''  
**New AT
**New AT
*'''Interactive AT Lab'''
*'''Interactive AT Lab''' Reassessing current inventory for AT related to dementia and isolation and revisiting “wish list” of new and innovative AT to add to the AT Lab. Friendly reminder, many of the items are located in my office and you are welcome to check to see what is there and try out the AT as well!
**New AT Updates
**New AT Updates Hosted demo from ZPod (https://www.zpodsforsleep.com/). Looks like a great solution especially for individuals with Autism, sensory processing, anxiety, mental health. Would love to have one set up in our lab, however, suggested a 3-D model considering space issues.
*'''DAS Contract'''
*'''DAS Contract'''
**Updates
**Updates Awaiting the extension for the Cares Act project. Hopefully, we will be able to resume in November. We have received a few more referrals and notified them of the pause in the project.
** Policies & Procedures
** Policies & Procedures
** ADRC
** ADRC Provided general feedback and concerns to DAS as requested re: their P &P for AT. Yolanda appreciated our input and requested a follow-up meeting. It was a vague message, so unclear as to if it is related to P &P or other projects at this point. Will continue to explore with DAS
*'''AT Makers'''
*'''AT Makers'''
* Updates
* Updates• Su Jin Lee OT professor at GSU and formally Research Scientist with CIDI reached out to discuss potential collaborations with her students and 3-D printing. Will follow up to get more information. Status of our 3-D printer?
• Attended GOTA conference held this past weekend. Completely virtual and well-done. Chad Leaman, Cofounder of Makers Making Change was the Keynote speaker.  Additionally, a session on 3-D printing and opportunities here in ATL with Shephard Center.
• Chatt tech OTA class presentation last week. ~ 15 students participated with Sal, Martha, and me presenting.
• Other notables: The Capable Program (teaming OT, Nursing and Handyperson) connecting indiv with disabilities to find AT solutions/ home modifications. Interestingly enough, Yolanda with DAS reached out to Brenau OT program looking at program. Provided initial findings/research that Bryan Clever (FODAC) and I discovered when we were looking into the program. Many challenges to consider include having the bandwidth
In early stages of planning for an OT Capstone student from University of Florida to begin August of 2022. Maureen will assist as this is a first, but looking forward to this being a great opportunity for all of us! 
 
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''
*'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''


Line 303: Line 341:


*AccessGA   
*AccessGA   
**State Agency ADA Coordinators' Virtual Networking Event (Sept. 29th)
**Technical assistance provided to state agencies
**Technical assistance provided to state agencies
***Governor’s and Gwinnett County’s Proclamation (ensure a11y)
*Fee-for-Service  
*Fee-for-Service  
**Shepherd Center
**Shepherd Center
***Web Accessibility Evaluation completed
***Web Accessibility Evaluation completed
***Technical assistance to follow
***Follow-up Technical Assistance
***In process of lining up six trainings on disability awareness and digital accessibility
***Six trainings being scheduled on disability awareness and digital accessibility
**UDOIT Tool Evaluation for Brightspace LMS  
**UDOIT Tool Evaluation for LMS  
*** evaluation underway
*** evaluation underway
**BLH/NLM
**BLH/NLM
***74K Contract approved
***2 of 19 trainings scheduled Nov. 2 and Nov. 10 on topics related to disability awareness  
***2 of 19 trainings being tentatively scheduled Nov. 2 and Nov. 10 on topics related to disability awareness  
***A11y evaluation of NLM website
***A11y evaluation of NLM website
***A11y evaluation of Moodle LMS
***A11y evaluation of Moodle LMS
***Technical assistance
***Technical assistance
**Request from ASTHO  
**Request from ASTHO  
***Trainings on Disability Awareness Digital A11y
***Trainings on Disability Awareness and Digital A11y
**JCC Chicago
**JCC Chicago
***SoW pending
***SoW pending
***Web a11y evaluation and technical assistance requested
***Web a11y evaluation and technical assistance requested
***awaiting testing environment
***awaiting testing environment
**ASTHO Disabiltiy Awareness and Digital A11y Request
**UX Initiatives
**UX Initiatives
***Several ongoing projects in the coming weeks/months involving UX
***Several ongoing projects in the coming weeks/months involving UX
Line 331: Line 369:
****AT Network  
****AT Network  
****AT3 AT Access
****AT3 AT Access
'''New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!'''


=='''AAC Programs (DeeDee)'''==
=='''AAC Programs (DeeDee)'''==
Line 349: Line 386:
* Classification of apps by educational vs AT completed
* Classification of apps by educational vs AT completed
* Review of equipment updates begun
* Review of equipment updates begun
 
* Training webinars planning begun
* Training webinars and video production planning begun
* need to reach out to Chris regarding status of videos


=='''Action Items & Follow Up'''==
=='''Action Items & Follow Up'''==
# University System of Georgia (USG) Benefits Open Enrollment will be held from Monday, October 25 – Friday, November 5, 2021.   
# ALL: University System of Georgia (USG) Benefits Open Enrollment will be held from Monday, October 25 – Friday, November 5, 2021.   
# Stay tuned for Your other GT Compliances!
# ALL: Stay tuned for Your other GT Compliances!
# Watch Resourcefulness: Being Problem Solvers and Solution Finders
# CP: Archives for Resources
**https://www.linkedin.com/learning/developing-resourcefulness/what-does-it-mean-to-be-resourceful?u=2163426
# Gina (CP will help): Making TextHelp Training Virtually available to CIDI & TFL Team.
# TFL Website Planning Party! Solutions Oriented! CP will hold the Date!
# Martha: Lab Day! Organizing our TFL Team to focus on the Labs.
# Ciara & DeeDee: Meet to see what DeeDee has for "How To" Guides and what we need.
# Tori: Post the TFL Meeting Wiki Agenda the Week before - so folks can update without overwriting each other.
# ALL: Managing Stress for Positive Change
**https://www.linkedin.com/learning/managing-stress-for-positive-change/welcome?autoAdvance=true&autoSkip=false&autoplay=true&resume=true&u=2163426

Latest revision as of 13:55, 1 November 2021

TFL Mission

  • Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

Team Meeting Expectations

1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.

2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.

3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.


Agenda

Action Items & Follow Up

  1. University System of Georgia (USG) Benefits Open Enrollment will be held from Monday, October 25 – Friday, November 5, 2021.
  2. Stay tuned for Your other GT Compliances!
  3. Watch Resourcefulness: Being Problem Solvers and Solution Finders
  1. TFL Website Planning - Liz

TFL Director Updates (Carolyn)

  • GT|HR
    • Hire Process: AT Acquisition Manager Position
    • Hire Process: Program Support Spec. Sr. Position
  • Open Enrollment
    • Oct. 25 - Nov. 10
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!
  • TFL Professional Development:
    • ACTION ITEM:
    • Managing Stress for Positive Change
    • https://www.linkedin.com/learning/managing-stress-for-positive-change/welcome?autoAdvance=true&autoSkip=false&autoplay=true&resume=true&u=2163426
    • In the workplace, stress is often viewed in purely negative terms. It's seen as a response that should simply be minimized or pushed aside; however, it's possible to use stress to fuel positive change. In this course, join instructor Heidi Hanna, PhD as she discusses what stress is, exactly; how you can train yourself to use stress in more effective ways; and what managers can do to reduce employee stress when an organization experiences difficult times. She covers how individuals can use stress for good by assessing and adjusting it, as well as what you-as a manager-can do to create an environment and communication style that helps connect employees to the bigger picture.
    • Note: This course was featured in Market Watch, Inc., Fortune, Forbes, and Entrepreneur.
  • GT Partnerships
  • AccessCORPS
  • ABLE Alliance - Google
  • Allocations
    • Make sure these are correct - any October changes by 12 on Thursday.
  • Projects:
  • GaDOE FY21 - SOW Submitted
  • GVRA FY 22
  • CDC Contract - NCE through Sept. 30, 2022. (Updates, ATOB, UNC Research & Dissemination of Videos)
  • HHS DRRP - Aging Well ACCESS - 5 Yr. $2.5 Million
    • AT Team
  • AT3 - $50K - (May-August 31)
  • Georgia Division of Aging (DAS) - CARES Act - (Nov. 2021 - End Sept. 30, 2022!)
  • 3 Yr HHS DRRP - AT Database - $1.5 Million - Meeting with partners from all over US.
  • Wireless RERC - NCE - 2 Videos
  • Proposals:
    • NSF - Transportation & Accessibility (GT Partners)
  • TFL Strategic Planning - Focused Sessions
  • Completed:
    • TFL Overview - CP
    • TFL Policy - CP
    • AT Acquisition (Part 1) - CP
    • Direct Services - Martha (October 18th - 2-4 PM) - THank you, Martha & to everyone for Participating!
  • Upcoming:
    • AAC Lab - DeeDee (October 25th 3-4:30 PM)
    • AT Considerations - Gina (November)
    • Leadership & Training - Liz (October 19th - 2-4 PM)
    • TFL Research - Ben (November)
    • TFL into CIDI S&E Research - Zerrin (December)
    • Wrap Up & Action Items - CP (December & January 2022)
  • AT Minute!
    • OrbitNote: Released last week (10/12) OrbitNote is designed to create, transform and experience digital documents. Creating accessible, dynamic work and learning environments. Texthelp’s PDF Reader was always part of Read&Write, it included all the literacy support tools. If you are a Read&Write customer you will still have everything you need to create accessible documents.
    • OrbitNote, as it grows and more features are added it will become a stand-alone product with premium features that we know you’ll love - so watch this space!
    • https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/orbitnote/feepmdlmhplaojabeoecaobfmibooaid?hl=en-GB

Complete!! CDC/F Trainings & Activities (Carolyn)

  • 1,683,224 Served!
    • 1,683,224 is the total number of people who received direct, tangible information and assistance via project work that is supportable with project data!
    • Way to Go, Team!!
  • COVID-19 Vaccine Videos
  • ACTION ITEM:
    • Please, help spread the word regarding our 5 Vaccine videos & 1 ASL Video - Thank you, Raminta, Norah & Liz!!!
  • ATOB! v16.2
    • A special issue of Assistive Technology Outcomes and Benefits/Accessible Public Health Materials During a Pandemic: Lessons Learned from COVID-19 (Issue 16 Part 2) will be devoted to this project and the issues it addressed. Submitted manuscripts from our project team and/or about the project:
  1. "Include Me": Implementing Inclusive and Accessible Communications in Public
  2. Access for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Individuals in Informational and Educational Remote Sessions
  3. Technology for a Pandemic: Apps for Safety and Independence
  4. Minimizing the Complexity of Public Health Documents: Making COVID-19 Documents Accessible to Individuals Who Read Below the Third-Grade Level
  5. Building an Effective Model to Disseminate Accessible COVID-19 Guidance
  6. The Importance of Braille during a Pandemic and Beyond
  7. Creating Accessible Infographics: Describing Scientific Data in Ways Everyone Can Understand
  8. A Needs Assessment of COVID-19 Guidance for Adults with Developmental Disabilities
  9. Inclusive Design Thinking for Health Messaging in American Sign Language during the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Case Study Brief
  10. Closing the Information Gap: Making COVID-19 Information Accessible for People with Disabilities
  • American Public Health Conference Presentation - CP
  • AUCD Presentation - Liz & CP

TFL AT Acquisition Updates

Transition

  1. Credit-Able - to FODAC!!
  2. Physical files will still remain in Danny's office

Credit-Able

  1. Credit-Able applications are on hold

TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)

Assistive Technology Outcomes & Benefits (ATOB) Journal

  • ATOB Vol. 16(1) - AT Services During & After the Covid-19 Pandemic
  • ATOB Vol. 16(2) - Public Health: feature our work on CDC Project
    • Guest Editor, Mark Harniss, U. Washington
    • Peer Reviews are in process

Mastery of Assistive Technology (MoAT)

Work ACCESS

  • Team is holding an additional focus group on Mental Health Accommodations - Oct 25th
  • Developing a focus group plan to discuss changes in retail settings since COVID-19 - Nov. 1st
  • Preparing a webinar on "Inclusion & Participation in the Workplace" - Nov. 17th
    • Speakers: Karen, Sarah & Ben
    • Overview of Work ACCESS
    • Accommodations / considerations for common spaces & communication

AT Network

  • Beginning the process of mapping categories of AT from the AbleData database to the ISO 9999 classifications
  • Team has been exploring how to leverage evaluations done by TFL to help "seed" database
    • Dee Dee & Ben have proposed a template with levels at which eval data might be accessed.
    • Also looking for PowerPoint presentations and papers to include in the database.

Inclusive Tech Entrepreneurship Program (ITEP)

  • Business Coaching under Joy Harris supervision is completed
  • Final event will be scheduled for early November
  • Working with the New America Foundation for the annual conference

NSF Project

  • Experiences of Students with Visual Impairments with Tactile Graphics in STEM Courses: Critical Interpretative Synthesis
  • Continuing my meetings with Dr. DeStefano
  • I completed SLR training

ACCESS Projects

  • Have been working with the project team to develop protocols for the focus group
  • Will join two sessions as a note taker and one session as a moderator

GVRA

  • Working with Ben, Martha, and Carolyn

FY21 Seed Grant Program

  • We will be applying for the Oct cycle
  • Zerrin's New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

TFL State Leadership Activities - (Liz)

  • Tools for Life
    • Data Reminder: Don't forget to enter in your public awareness and I & A data. Include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
    • TFL Policy and Procedures - Keep going! Follow up coming soon.
    • Webinar archives - Are any of yours missing?
    • TFL Website, wiki (discuss process) - Liz, Kayla, Tori, Shaina, Trish (support)
    • Training plan - host more virtually - we're doing it!
      • ARC Disability 101 - rescheduled for 11/4 at 11:00 AM
  • GCDD Accessibility Grant - Universal Design for Learning and Plain Language - Success!
    • June to September 2021 - $13,000
    • Liz, Norah, Tori (Carolyn and Trish support)
  • Credits - Training Team
    • CEU's - Continuing Education Units approved and distributed by the AAC Institute
    • CRC's - Certified Rehabilitation Counselor Credits approved and distributed by the Commissioner Rehabilitation Counselor Certification or CRCC
      • All applications must be submitted no later than 30 days before the live event.
  • CDC/CDC Foundation - Carolyn-PI, Liz-Co-PI, Norah - Content Creator and Manager, Trish-Project Support, COVID-19 Accessible Materials for Individuals with Disabilities - COMPLETE!
    • Working on archiving the project - Teams and Dropbox
    • Microsite maintenance will run through 2022 - Norah lead
    • Will still collect monthly analytics - Tori lead
    • AUCD Conference presentation - CP and Liz with CDC and CDC Foundation
  • ATAP (AT3) - AT Reuse Activities, AT Database - Carolyn, Liz, Trish(support)
  • Webinars - WORK ACCESS series; Wired Wednesdays
  • Wireless RERC - Training and TA - Outreach & Public Awareness - Carolyn, Raminta, Liz
    • 1. Making virtual meetings more accessible in emergencies, and
    • 2. How to minimize the text complexity in messaging
  • Work ACCESS - Decision Tree/AT Software KnowledgeBase - Focus groups, trainings, webinars - Tori
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend! - The ILRU (Independent Living Research Utilization) program is a national center for information, training, research, and technical assistance in independent living. Learn more at the ILRU website

Tori's Updates

  • Social Media - Send articles, webinars, videos, general information, etc. for posting to Tori
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

Kayla's Updates

  • Graphic Design Projects - Kayla
    • ATAP/AT3 Site Design**
    • ACCESS Projects**
    • AT Network**
    • TFL Website Re-Design/Drupal Translation **
  • Updating Graphic Design File Structure on Dropbox *
  • Reach out for any future graphic design assistance/projects or questions. *
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend:

Raminta's Updates

  • Video Projects
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

TFL K-12 Initiatives and Updates (Gina)

K-12 Updates

  • Year 3 Statement of Work GaDOE has been submitted
  • Continuing current K-12 deliverables
  • We are experiencing an increase in K-12 STEM/STEAM / AT / technology requests for support/collaboration.
  • Receive notification from UGA that the implementation grant for the Georgia College Transition Partnership was funded. This will provide an additional three years of funding to implement the work.
  • Preparing a new presentation for the Emory Neurodiversity Course – November 9 – Working with Dr. Matt Segall & Dr. Laurel Snider. About half of the class has disclosed, publicly, some personal aspect of or connection to having a neurodivergent identity or diagnosis.
  • Texthelp – November 16, 2021 – Texthelp Master Class @ CIDI (in person)

Norah's Updates

  • Updates
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

GVRA Project (Ben)

Team & Project Plan

  • September Report complete and submitted
  • Ben has met with Matthew Blake - planning for:
    • GVRA Portal
    • Monthly report automation

GVRA Updates

  • Planning to meet with GVRA Transition team in October to discuss:
    • "Pilot within Pilot" to model reporting for K-12 Districts
    • Plans to incorporate IPSE programs into project

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

  • Thank you again for a successful DS Strategic planning meeting yesterday. I am looking forward to further discussions on things we talked about
  • We shall begin to move forward and not complete any AT Eval/Assessments in all areas. Please be sure to check slides in upcoming presentations.
  • Last Thursday Rachel, Sal, and Martha presented to the Chattahoochee OTA class. Despite some technical problems on their end at the beginning- it went really well. Students asked several questions. Cross-training with Sal on presenting other presentations.
  • Monday, October 25, Adam Palmer will be at CIDI with AT for vision for people to try and ask questions. https://www.palmervision.com/about-us/ As a reminder he would like to donate items to our AT Lab in exchange for data and being able to assist training on devices to those who borrow. I feel this could be a win-win esp with K-12. Please look at the link and send me any device you would like for him to bring by tomorrow.
  • Wired Wednesdays- Carolyn will be our guest speaker for the November Wired Wednesday. Scanning Pens was excellent in October and would love to see how we can update our older c-pen models to the new models.
  • AT Lab- we are continuing to work on this. Sal has been adding new devices to the database. Ciara will be working with Sal tomorrow on how to create the barcodes. We have been adding device location into the Teams file
  • Working with several individuals on providing resources and information about AT. Purchased 2 new joysticks that has dwell software built-in! This is new technology because in the past you would have to buy the dwell software separate.
  • Working with Maureen with a University of Fla capstone student Rachel Scarboro. She is completing her OTD. Maureen will be the lead and she will work with Rachel and Martha on the DS Team as well as Maureen on research. Looking for her to join Fall 2022. Hours are flexible meaning that they can be virtual and not limited to therapy or one on one with a person.
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

https://astroaccess.org/

Ciara's Updates

TFL Data:

  • Device Demo Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers: 0
    • Device Demo for FY21: 137
    • Device Demo for FY20: 478
    • Device Demo for FY19: 1029
  • Device Demos Oct. FY22- Present TFL: 0
    • Device Demo for FY21: 25
    • Device Demo for FY20: 79
    • Device Demo for FY19: 185
  • Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present All Centers: 0
    • Device Loans for FY21: 189
    • Device Loans for FY20: 258
    • Device Loans for FY19: 634
  • Device Loans Oct. FY22 - Present TFL: 0
    • Device Loans for FY21: 76
    • Device Loans for FY20: 94
    • Device Loans for FY19: 352
  • Device Reutilization Oct. FY22 - 0
    • Device Reutilization for FY21: 4678
    • Device Reutilization for FY20: 4333
    • Device Reutilization for FY19: 7266

TFL AppFinder:

  • Jamf Update & Timeline for Rollout - Jerel is waiting for OIT to set up his account to receive permissions in order to set service accounts for TFL team
  • Highlight 1-3 New Apps in Appfinder - no new apps, but has been updated to include communication apps that we use often

TFL Lab:

  • "How to Guides" Updates - There is a new folder under the TFL Direct Services channel on Teams where ""Cheat Sheets & How To Guides"" exists. There are different assistive technology categories. DeeDee & I met with Valerie to discuss the accessibility of the cheat sheets, she has offered to give the TFL team a refresher training on PDF & Word Doc accessibility if we are interested.
  • New AT for Lab Updates
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend! - https://pe.gatech.edu/wlpd/learning GTPE, Workplace Learning & Professional Development offers a wide variety of free courses such as Giving & Receiving Feedback, Conflict Management, Managing Your Performance, etc.

Sal's Updates

  • Aging Committees Updates
    • Who
    • What
  • Outreach & Trainings Updates
    • Upcoming
  • AT Lab - Organization Updates
    • New AT
    • Ideas

New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

Rachel's Updates

  • TFL AT Awareness for Dementia & Isolation Update
    • New AT
  • Interactive AT Lab Reassessing current inventory for AT related to dementia and isolation and revisiting “wish list” of new and innovative AT to add to the AT Lab. Friendly reminder, many of the items are located in my office and you are welcome to check to see what is there and try out the AT as well!
    • New AT Updates Hosted demo from ZPod (https://www.zpodsforsleep.com/). Looks like a great solution especially for individuals with Autism, sensory processing, anxiety, mental health. Would love to have one set up in our lab, however, suggested a 3-D model considering space issues.
  • DAS Contract
    • Updates Awaiting the extension for the Cares Act project. Hopefully, we will be able to resume in November. We have received a few more referrals and notified them of the pause in the project.
    • Policies & Procedures
    • ADRC Provided general feedback and concerns to DAS as requested re: their P &P for AT. Yolanda appreciated our input and requested a follow-up meeting. It was a vague message, so unclear as to if it is related to P &P or other projects at this point. Will continue to explore with DAS
  • AT Makers
  • Updates• Su Jin Lee OT professor at GSU and formally Research Scientist with CIDI reached out to discuss potential collaborations with her students and 3-D printing. Will follow up to get more information. Status of our 3-D printer?

• Attended GOTA conference held this past weekend. Completely virtual and well-done. Chad Leaman, Cofounder of Makers Making Change was the Keynote speaker. Additionally, a session on 3-D printing and opportunities here in ATL with Shephard Center. • Chatt tech OTA class presentation last week. ~ 15 students participated with Sal, Martha, and me presenting. • Other notables: The Capable Program (teaming OT, Nursing and Handyperson) connecting indiv with disabilities to find AT solutions/ home modifications. Interestingly enough, Yolanda with DAS reached out to Brenau OT program looking at program. Provided initial findings/research that Bryan Clever (FODAC) and I discovered when we were looking into the program. Many challenges to consider include having the bandwidth In early stages of planning for an OT Capstone student from University of Florida to begin August of 2022. Maureen will assist as this is a first, but looking forward to this being a great opportunity for all of us!

  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

Sarah's Updates

  • ACCESS Updates & Focus Groups
  • GT DSP Office Updates
  • New Professional Development Resource I Recommend!

AccessGA Initiatives and Updates (Johan)

  • AccessGA
    • Technical assistance provided to state agencies
      • Governor’s and Gwinnett County’s Proclamation (ensure a11y)
  • Fee-for-Service
    • Shepherd Center
      • Web Accessibility Evaluation completed
      • Follow-up Technical Assistance
      • Six trainings being scheduled on disability awareness and digital accessibility
    • UDOIT Tool Evaluation for LMS
      • evaluation underway
    • BLH/NLM
      • 2 of 19 trainings scheduled Nov. 2 and Nov. 10 on topics related to disability awareness
      • A11y evaluation of NLM website
      • A11y evaluation of Moodle LMS
      • Technical assistance
    • Request from ASTHO
      • Trainings on Disability Awareness and Digital A11y
    • JCC Chicago
      • SoW pending
      • Web a11y evaluation and technical assistance requested
      • awaiting testing environment
    • ASTHO Disabiltiy Awareness and Digital A11y Request
    • UX Initiatives
      • Several ongoing projects in the coming weeks/months involving UX
        • Aging Well Access
        • Dementia Access
        • Washington AT Access
        • AT Network
        • AT3 AT Access

AAC Programs (DeeDee)

  • Setting up AAC Lab laptop
  • Display devices have been set up and labeling begun

Display materials planned:

  • Device information
  • Posters/handouts on elements of AAC and Access (i.e., types of AAC devices, core words, switches, scanning access, etc.)
  • Handouts on implementation strategies, product information
  • Information on access from Pittsburg AAC Language Seminar - Karen Kangas
  • Model as a MASTER PAL for communication partner training
  • Considering list of training resources

Kennesaw University UD Lab

  • Initial visit completed 8/24/21
  • Classification of apps by educational vs AT completed
  • Review of equipment updates begun
  • Training webinars planning begun
  • need to reach out to Chris regarding status of videos

Action Items & Follow Up

  1. ALL: University System of Georgia (USG) Benefits Open Enrollment will be held from Monday, October 25 – Friday, November 5, 2021.
  2. ALL: Stay tuned for Your other GT Compliances!
  3. CP: Archives for Resources
  4. Gina (CP will help): Making TextHelp Training Virtually available to CIDI & TFL Team.
  5. Martha: Lab Day! Organizing our TFL Team to focus on the Labs.
  6. Ciara & DeeDee: Meet to see what DeeDee has for "How To" Guides and what we need.
  7. Tori: Post the TFL Meeting Wiki Agenda the Week before - so folks can update without overwriting each other.
  8. ALL: Managing Stress for Positive Change