Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 07/17/2018"

From Tools For Life
Jump to: navigation, search
(TFL State Leadership Updates)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
 
Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
  
==TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)==
+
=='''TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)'''==
 
# ATOB
 
# ATOB
 
# TextHelp!
 
# TextHelp!
Line 12: Line 12:
 
# Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
 
# Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
  
==Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)==
+
=='''Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)'''==
  
 
*BEP Currency Reader
 
*BEP Currency Reader
Line 18: Line 18:
 
*DragonCon
 
*DragonCon
  
==AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)==
+
=='''TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)'''==
 
Projects:  
 
Projects:  
 
TFL - '''Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op'''
 
TFL - '''Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op'''
Line 32: Line 32:
 
# Disasters with Liz: calls are now once a month for National Pass It On Center, but still weekly for PIDS and Getting It Right calls
 
# Disasters with Liz: calls are now once a month for National Pass It On Center, but still weekly for PIDS and Getting It Right calls
  
=='''TFL Direct AT Services Updates'''==
+
=='''TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)'''==
 
+
==AT Access Updates (Martha)==
+
 
Projects:
 
Projects:
 
#) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:  
 
#) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:  
Line 78: Line 76:
 
Will look at calendars and confirm date- sent email to begin planning
 
Will look at calendars and confirm date- sent email to begin planning
 
Sarah and Rachel will continue to work on "checklist" and email status updates to Brian.  Weekly phone calls are on hold until after Brian returns from vacation.   
 
Sarah and Rachel will continue to work on "checklist" and email status updates to Brian.  Weekly phone calls are on hold until after Brian returns from vacation.   
 
  
 
#) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. Danny and Martha are completing; asked John Rempel to check is referring for ICT accessibility on AWARE database was needed.
 
#) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. Danny and Martha are completing; asked John Rempel to check is referring for ICT accessibility on AWARE database was needed.
Line 85: Line 82:
 
#) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - '''Memberships - Are they all Members?''' Rachel will review.  DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.  
 
#) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - '''Memberships - Are they all Members?''' Rachel will review.  DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.  
 
- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment
 
- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment
-
 
  
 
#) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
 
#) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
Line 93: Line 89:
 
LDA: Conference committee meets each month.  6/27/2018: John Rempel provided updates for the group regarding the LDA Website and App needing attention for accessibility.
 
LDA: Conference committee meets each month.  6/27/2018: John Rempel provided updates for the group regarding the LDA Website and App needing attention for accessibility.
  
 
+
=='''TFL State Leadership - Program, Training and Outreach Updates (Liz)'''==
=='''TFL State Leadership Updates'''==
+
  
 
*'''Upcoming Activities'''
 
*'''Upcoming Activities'''

Revision as of 15:22, 13 July 2018

Agenda

Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)

  1. ATOB
  2. TextHelp!
  3. Decision Trees/Algorithum
  4. In DBHDD Contract
  5. In GVRA Contract
  6. Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
  7. Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research

Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)

  • BEP Currency Reader
  • IOT Tracking Azure Platform
  • DragonCon

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)

Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op

  1. Credit Builders Alliance was a success
    1. Accessibility issues
    2. We were thanked for our space
    3. Surprise panel appearance by Danny
      1. Natural and Declared Disasters
  2. Loans applications are still coming in
  3. August/September we will hear back regarding the ACL grant, thanks to all that helped with that!
  4. Upcoming: National Council for Independent Living (partially sponsored by disABILITY LINK) and FEMA community day (right after NCIL)
  5. Disasters with Liz: calls are now once a month for National Pass It On Center, but still weekly for PIDS and Getting It Right calls

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

Projects:

  1. ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:

- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 417, Device Demo 1254, Device Reutilization 2115; TFL- Device Loans 77, Device Demo 182

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:

- 126 Referred; 20 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.

- Survey has been completed (thanks Asha and Sam C); waiting to hear back from Gracewod regarding mailing iPads for surveys to be completed- hopefully will be mailed this week - Trainings will be shaped by the outcome of surveys- Asha is compiling results (Sent in 90 responses on papaer) - 10 individuals already identified to be transitioned out soon and will need AT ASAP - Krista, Rachel, and Martha have made one trip to Gracewood. We are waiting to receive the AT Agreement forms to be returned; will follow-up this week - This project does not have funds to purchase equipment; will be doing loans to make sure equipment is right fit - Rachel and Martha working with Gracewood and TFL Training team in regards to 6 2 hour Disability 101 Trainings. One will be a recorded webinar. Looking at the week of July 23rd for the other 5 - Rachel and Martha looking at calendars for Savannah- Two Gracewood individuals have transitioned out there and there are 4/5 new DBHDD referrals in the Savannah area

  1. ) DEI

- Doing a contract and budget modification - referred 2 individuals but not able to complete assessments due to on the job training or individual keeps canceling - Rachel doing a great job with communication btw TFL and DEI - Call with Rossany last Thursday; budget modification should be coming through soon - Would like to hire counselors in Atlanta and has asked for TFL Training June 22nd; Training on hold until they are able to hire

  1. ) National Parks

- Sounds like contract modification/extension until Dec coming through - Brian would like to rerecord webinars to keep; this is on hold until Brian confirms what platform NPS will be using - Brian is working with Jeremy Buzzell on Rapid Visual Assessment and will let us know how to proceed - Would like TFL to create 2 Universal Design Templates for physical and programmatic; these are on hold for now - Martha has weekly calls with Brian Cook - A survey list of questions and a draft strategic plan has been sent for him to review - Brian has asked for us to Review NPS projects for Accessibility- has not given us feedback on the one we sent yet on 5/29 - Brian has asked for an Accessibility Checklist- sent draft 5/29 and asked us to keep working on it - Rachel and Martha went to Cumberland Island and looked at accessibility F/U: Phone call with Brian on 6/26: -Review and provide comments on the one-year plan spreadsheet TFL: We will provide comments to the spreadsheet- so far things look good on TFL part -Review and provide comments on the accessibility project tool. TFL: We will begin the focus in the UD Section -Brian will figure out how to identify all the PDFs (potentially 700!) and videos that need to be brought up to 508 compliance and send the list to TFL. TFL: will wait to hear from Brian Brian will email the parks get stories and requests for fodder about service/comfort animal training. Will be 30 minutes long with 15 for Q&A. Will look at calendars and confirm date- sent email to begin planning Sarah and Rachel will continue to work on "checklist" and email status updates to Brian. Weekly phone calls are on hold until after Brian returns from vacation.

  1. ) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. Danny and Martha are completing; asked John Rempel to check is referring for ICT accessibility on AWARE database was needed.

Remaining 2 AT assessments are scheduled- Mike G. provided excellent information and guidance re: accessibility with AWARE database.

  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - Memberships - Are they all Members? Rachel will review. DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.

- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment

  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
  1. ) Still have several requests for AT Evals and AAC Assessments. AAC Assessment are on hold until new SLP has been hired

LDA: Conference committee meets each month. 6/27/2018: John Rempel provided updates for the group regarding the LDA Website and App needing attention for accessibility.

TFL State Leadership - Program, Training and Outreach Updates (Liz)

  • Upcoming Activities
    • Tobii DynaVox training here at TFL - July 27 (Sam lead)
    • GVRA New Hire Orientation - August 2 (Danny lead)
    • Senior Services North Fulton - August 2 (Rachel lead)
    • GSU LEND Meeting - August 15 and 16 (Tori lead, Danny support)
    • DBHDD Power of Connections Symposium (lab and presentations) - August 21 and 22 (Liz, Sam, Tori lead with TFL support)
  • GVRA - New Hire Orientation on Tuesday July 10 - Complete & Success!
  • ATOB Journal - V12: Tori has started working on organizing and checking articles - Carolyn & Tori lead
  • TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? What materials would you like created? Think further out! - Annabel lead w/Liz
  • GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - 1st planning meeting on July 27 (Liz & Tori lead)
    • Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
  • GT CATEA TechSAge - Training and Outreach
    • TechSAge 5 year APR - Complete & Success!
    • TechSAge 2 site visit on June 6 - Complete & Now we wait!
  • Decision Tree Development
    • Division of Aging Services (DAS) - Dementia Able and DONR
      • May continues to work on Decision Tree visual prototype
      • 2-4 focus groups coming up - Liz & Rachel lead
  • ATAP (AT3) National Pass It On Center
    • AT Reuse Activities:
      • CoP Webinars: Marketing for AT Reuse Programs (Complete & Success!)
    • Disaster Relief Efforts
      • AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM (Liz)
      • Next Call on Tuesday, July 24
      • Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
      • Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
      • FEMA ODIC Director - Monday July 9 - Thank you to everyone involved! (Complete & Success!)
  • GT CATEA Workplace DRRP
    • Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
    • Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
    • Complete by end of September 2018!
  • GT CATEA FIP
    • 2 focus groups @ ATIA 2018 (Complete!)
    • Survey, Design Input

TFL Action Items

Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)

  • (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)

Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics