TFL Team Meeting - 05/29/2018

From Tools For Life
Revision as of 11:33, 25 May 2018 by Lpersaud3 (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

Director's Updates (Carolyn)

  • AMAC - Budget & Projections - PROGRESS!
  • Goals 2018:
    • 1. Ensure financial sustainability by diversifying revenue, *managing costs, and building a reserve.
    • 2. Promote staff excellence by enhancing skill development through training and strengthening accountability.
    • 3. Strengthen research contributions to advance academic and public engagement and enhance quality/trust in products and service.
  • Effective Program Management
    • Best Use of Time and Talents
    • Outcome Oriented and Results Focused

TFL Administration Updates

  • HR -
    • Reorganization - Liz, Martha and Danny now Managers!
    • Will Hire:
      • 1-2 more Managers
      • 1 Project Specialist/Research
      • 1 Programmer
  • Performance Reviews & Goals
    • Updated your Progress Every month
    • Save and Share your Kudos!

Finance & Programmatic Updates (Carolyn)

Grants & Contracts Updates!

  • 1-5 year Strategy!
  • PEB
  1. FUNDED-AT Act 2017: P4 - do not use.
  2. FUNDED-AT Act 2018 - CR1 & CR2: AK Hope to Have Final Budget soon. Preseident Budget 2019 released.
  3. FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000: Budget Modification
  4. FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Moving Forward
  5. FUNDED - DEI: Do not charge to unless working on this.
  6. FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs
  7. FUNDED - Alternative Financing Program Grant | $661,742 for Credit-Able: Wrapping up. Only Danny's time.
  8. FUNDED - GT Wireless RERC | $15,000 for Training and TA:
  9. FUNDED - GT CATEA TechSAge ($10,000):
  10. FUNDED- Division of Aging Services (DAS) "Dementia Able" | $40,000 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
  11. FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) "DONR" | $16,500 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
  12. FUNDED - ATAP | $47k for for National Pass It On Center:
  13. FUNDED - GTC - PIOC from Portlight! $70k
  14. FUNDED - GT CATEA Workplace DRRP | Training and TA: $76,650: Wrapping up

Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)

2018 Proposals:

  1. NPS 5 year funding
  2. RERC TechSAge 2: 5 year funding
  3. DRRP CATEA: 5 year funding
  4. DBHDD
  5. HHS - DT
  6. CDFI CFII - Match
  7. GVRA 1-3 year funding
  8. NIDLIRR AbleData: 5 year funding
  9. Aging?

2019 Planning:

  1. RERC? AMAC Lead
  2. FIP AMAC Lead
  3. NSF
  4. Increase State Funding

TFL AT Services Updates

AT Access Updates (Martha)

  1. ) CONGRATS to Ciara who will graduate with her Masters in Rehab Counseling next Wednesday!! She will be with us through May; if you have anything that you would like her to work on please let Martha know!

Hours: Mon- Thurs 8:30-5 Fri 9-4 Projects:

  1. ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:

- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 303, Device Demo 608, Device Reutilization 1533; TFL- Device Loans 56, Device Demo 146

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:

- Direct Service Team in South Ga this week completing assessments and delivering equipment - 111 Referred; 20 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services - Martha and Krista met with DBHDD in regards to referring individuals from Belton; DBHDD has many things they need to work out on their end

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.

- Survey has been completed (thanks Asha and Sam C); waiting to hear back from Gracewod regarding mailing iPads for surveys to be completed- hopefully will be mailed this week -Trainings will be shaped by the outcome of surveys - 10 individuals already identified to be transitioned out soon and will need AT ASAP - This project does not have funds to purchase equipment; will be doing loans to make sure equipment is right fit

  1. )DEI

-Doing a contract and budget modification - referred 2 individuals but not able to complete assessments due to on the job training or individual keeps canceling - Rachel doing a great job with communication btw TFL and DEI

  1. )National Parks

- ALL Webinars have been Completed!! Huge Shout out to Sarah and Rachel and Carolyn for presenting!! -2/26, 2-4PM - Disability 101 -3/15, 2-4PM - ICT Accessibility -3/29, 2-4PM - Universal Design -4/12 - 2PM-4PM - Assessments and Evaluations -4/25 - 2PM-4PM - Laws and Regulations - Brian would like these packaged and clean; he is looking into how we can access WebEx to download what he sent; found out aftwards NPS could have used Adobe Connect - Carolyn and Martha have lunch meeting with Brian on Thursday - Liz is working on how we can package these all as modules after we complete -Would like TFL to create 2 Universal Design Templates for physical and programmatic; Sarah has taken the lead on these - Martha has weekly calls with Brian Cook - A survey list of questions and a draft strategic plan has been sent for him to review

  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - Memberships - Are they all Members?

- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment - Completed Training for Aging Center in Albany yesterday

  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
  1. )Still have several request for AT Evals and AAC Assessments. AAC Assessment are being pushed out several months

AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)

Projects:

  1. ) TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, Info & Assistance through TFL 1-800 number, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op, AMAC Co-Op, Last Resort Fund
  • FDIC Conference was a success
  • GLASS conference was a success- shoutout to Tori and Lokyee for
  • NDI held their Inclusive Lending Summit at Shepherd yesterday, good feedback and materials distributed. Raminta was there filming and bring in $
  • Getting with Annabel to ensure all cheat sheets for medicaid waivers are finalized and CFII will be placing a print order
  • JR update
  • Justin update


  1. ) HHS|ACL - Alternative Financing Program Grant | $661,742 for Credit-Able - Activities: Loan Products, Financial Education Services (FES), Training Logistics, Website deliverables
  • Wrapping up HHS grant- 76 consumers served, around $200,000 distributed (and counting), 88% approval rate, less than 6% default rate
  • Writing the new ACL grant now- get those letters of support in!

Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)

  • DragonCon ramping up
    • Josh Straub dagersystem
    • Laura Levy Georgia Tech Researcher
  • AT3 Conference and Hill visits

TFL State Leadership Updates

Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)

Projects:

1 TFL - Training, Public Awareness, TA and Outreach

  • Grant Proposal - CDC with Partnership (Complete!)
  • Grant Proposal - CNCS (Corporation for National and Community Service) with Partnership and AUCD - 2018 Community Conversations Research - focuses on engaging communities in conversations about civic health using participatory research approaches (emergency/disaster relief). $200,000! (Complete!)
  • This Thursday 5/3 HHS/ACL Regional meeting. - Carolyn, Rachel, Asha
  • AT3 | PIOC webinar on AT Exchange on May 9 at 3:00 PM EST - Liz
  • ADRC Healthy Communities Conference, TFL Lab, May 16-19, Please sign up - Tori
  • National Getting It Right Conference, focus on emergencies/disasters - Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Ben J.
  • IDEAS! We need Exhibitors and Sponsors. - Get with Liz & Sam
  • Annabel is with us through the summer! - What are your needs? What materials would you like for her to create? Think further out!

2 HHS | ACL - Credit-Able Activities: Training Logistics, Website deliverables

  • Danny!
  • Annabel created financial education materials.

3 GT Wireless RERC | $15,000 for Training and TA - Activities: include slide in all TFL Trainings (Complete!), Use Workbook in Workshops (Complete!), Co-Host Aging and Tech Summit (Complete!)

  • Video series: Active! - Sam lead
  • Outreach/Public Awareness - Sam lead
  • Wireless slides in our presentations.

4 GT CATEA TechSAge ($10,000) Activities: include slide in all TFL Trainings (Complete!), Use Workbook in Workshops (Complete!), Co-Host Aging and Tech Summit (Complete!)

  • Training activities: Active!
  • Fingers crossed for TechSAge 2!

5 Division of Aging Services (DAS) "Dementia Able" | $40,000 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development -Workshop @ ATIA 2018 (Liz - Lead for Logistics)

  • Workshop @ ATIA 2018: Success!

6 Division of Aging Services (DAS) "DONR" | $16,500 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development -Activities: Create "Mapping" and final Report

  • Todd continues to work on Decision Tree
  • May continues to work on Decision Tree visual prototype

7 ATAP | $66,670 for the first year and every year for 5 years ($333,350) for National Pass It On Center AT Reuse Activities: Survey (Active), CoP Webinar schedule (Complete!), Trainings and TA

  • Disaster Relief Efforts!: Every Tuesday 2:00 PM AT/DME/Supplies National Call; 3:00 PM Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies National Call
  • Technical Assistance: Ongoing - Liz lead
  • CoP Subcommittees: Medicaid, IQ ATR, Knowledge Base - Carolyn, Trish, Liz

8 GT CATEA Workplace DRRP | Training and TA: $76,650 Over 65 interviews completed"

  • Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
  • Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of initial video "Laying the Foundation".

9 GT CATEA FIP - ($15,500) Activities: 2 focus good groups @ ATIA (Complete!), Survey, Design Input - Liz/Sam lead

TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)

  1. ATOB
  2. TextHelp!
  3. Decision Trees/Algorithum
  4. In DBHDD Contract
  5. In GVRA Contract
  6. Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
  7. Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research

TFL Action Items

Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)

  • (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)

Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics