TFL Team Meeting - 05/01/2018
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Director's Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.2 TFL Administration Updates
- 1.3 Finance & Programmatic Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.4 Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)
- 1.5 TFL AT Services Updates
- 1.6 AT Access Updates (Martha)
- 1.7 AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
- 1.8 Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)
- 1.9 TFL State Leadership Updates
- 1.10 Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)
- 1.11 TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
- 1.12 TFL Action Items
- 1.13 Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- 1.14 Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics
Director's Updates (Carolyn)
- AMAC - Budget & Projections - PROGRESS!
- Goals 2018:
- 1. Ensure financial sustainability by diversifying revenue, *managing costs, and building a reserve.
- 2. Promote staff excellence by enhancing skill development through training and strengthening accountability.
- 3. Strengthen research contributions to advance academic and public engagement and enhance quality/trust in products and service.
- Effective Program Management
- Best Use of Time and Talents
- Outcome Oriented and Results Focused
TFL Administration Updates
- HR -
- Reorganization - Liz, Martha and Danny now Managers!
- Will Hire:
- 1-2 more Managers
- 1 Project Specialist/Research
- 1 Programmer
- Performance Reviews & Goals
- Updated your Progress Every month
- Save and Share your Kudos!
Finance & Programmatic Updates (Carolyn)
Grants & Contracts Updates!
- 1-5 year Strategy!
- FUNDED-AT Act 2017: P4 - do not use.
- FUNDED-AT Act 2018 - CR1 & CR2: AK Hope to Have Final Budget soon. Preseident Budget 2019 released.
- FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000: Budget Modification
- FUNDED Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Moving Forward
- FUNDED - DEI: Do not charge to unless working on this.
- FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs
- FUNDED - Alternative Financing Program Grant | $661,742 for Credit-Able: Wrapping up. Only Danny's time.
- FUNDED - GT Wireless RERC | $15,000 for Training and TA:
- FUNDED - GT CATEA TechSAge ($10,000):
- FUNDED- Division of Aging Services (DAS) "Dementia Able" | $40,000 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
- FUNDED - Division of Aging Services (DAS) "DONR" | $16,500 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development:
- FUNDED - ATAP | $47k for for National Pass It On Center:
- FUNDED - GTC - PIOC from Portlight! $70k
- FUNDED - GT CATEA Workplace DRRP | Training and TA: $76,650: Wrapping up
Strategic Development Updates (Carolyn)
- NPS 5 year funding
- RERC TechSAge 2: 5 year funding
- DRRP CATEA: 5 year funding
- HHS - DT
- CDFI CFII - Match
- GVRA 1-3 year funding
- NIDLIRR AbleData: 5 year funding
- RERC? AMAC Lead
- FIP AMAC Lead
- Increase State Funding
TFL AT Services Updates
AT Access Updates (Martha)
- ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:
- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 303, Device Demo 608, Device Reutilization 1533; TFL- Device Loans 56, Device Demo 146
- ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:
- Training for DBHDD Region 1 and 3/12/18 (thank you Pat and Tori) there is an Eventbrite for registration - working on rewriting the script for intake calls and creating a one-page flyer - Danny has been ordering equipment -Martha and Krista are planning a trip to south Ga next week. Will see individuals on the way down as well as fit in AT Eval at Leesburg School - Will be delivering equipment
- ) Division of Behavioral Heath and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.
- Contract has gone through! Trying to get ahold of Candace Waler or Dan Howell to schedule first meeting there
- )DEI - 3 Referrals and more need for AT Training!
-Doing a contract and budget modification -working with 50 individuals from Henry and Gwinnett County - Will be participating in Integration Team meetings -will be purchasing the AT
- )National Parks
- Series of webinars- would like them to done live and recorded after to keep- want to keep things clean -2/26, 2-4PM - Disability 101 -3/15, 2-4PM - ICT Accessibility -3/29, 2-4PM - Universal Design -4/12 - 2PM-4PM - Assessments and Evaluations -4/25 - 2PM-4PM - Laws and Regulations - Liz is working on how we can package these all as modules after we complete -Would like TFL to create 2 Universal Design Templates for physical and programmatic - Martha has weekly calls with Brian Cook - Liz is looking at dates to have Brian come over to discuss more about gathering information from people with disabilities
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - Memberships - Are they all Members?
- Rachel has gotten 3 more referrals
- ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
- TFL Direct Services have gotten many more requests for AT Evaluations for students and AAC assessments; Asha back on Direct Service team; will be training Norford and Raianna, and John on database for demos and trainings
AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)
- ) TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, Info & Assistance through TFL 1-800 number, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op, AMAC Co-Op, Last Resort Fund
- Working on the Policies and Procedures for the lab, keep an eye out I will be asking for feedback and contributions
- Will be working with Ben on inventory strategy, this will be something everyone is required to participate in
- Equipment update: we will be sharing a cabinet with Raminta in Kare's old office. All DBHDD equipment needs to be kept separate from general TFL inventory and SHOULD NOT be used for demos/loans unless it a DBHDD consumer
- Dollars and Sense- resources still need to be checked/added. Interns will be used for this going forward.
- G-Trade- look at it and send Danny feedback on how it could be improved in your opinion. The goal is to get this up and running and redesigned in 2018.
- Dollars and Sense- same as G-trade
- FES materials are being designed by Annabel and I will share designs as they become available (thanks, Annabel!)
- IATSE- golf/kickball
- CLD collaboration possibilities
- IATSE Support
- ) HHS|ACL - Alternative Financing Program Grant | $661,742 for Credit-Able - Activities: Loan Products, Financial Education Services (FES), Training Logistics, Website deliverables
- Presentation at BAIN- thanks Krista!
- Shoutout to JR for handling Credit-Able while I was gone
- 3 new loans approved today with several in the pipeline
- Need to focus on North GA for FES presentations (Gainesville, Rome)
Access Lab/Special Projects Updates (Ben J.)
- ATIA Sessions - Great attendance and great reception
- Post Environmental Control Training Survey
- Begin work on Mobile Environmental Control cheat sheet
- CVI Environmental Control presentation and demo March 16
TFL State Leadership Updates
Training & Outreach Updates (Liz)
1 TFL - Training, Public Awareness, TA and Outreach
- Grant Proposal - CDC with Partnership
- Grant Proposal - CNCS (Corporation for National and Community Service) with Partnership and AUCD - 2018 Community Conversations Research - focuses on engaging communities in conversations about civic health using participatory research approaches (emergency/disaster relief). $200,000!
- This Thursday 5/3 HHS/ACL Regional meeting. - Carolyn, Rachel, Asha
- AT3 | PIOC webinar on AT Exchange on May 9 at 3:00 PM EST - Liz
- ADRC Healthy Communities Conference, TFL Lab, May 16-19, Please sign up - Tori
- National Getting It Right Conference, focus on emergencies/disasters - Carolyn, Liz, Sam, Ben J.
- IDEAS! We need Exhibitors and Sponsors. - Get with Liz & Sam
2 HHS | ACL - Credit-Able Activities: Training Logistics, Website deliverables
- Annabel created financial education materials.
3 GT Wireless RERC | $15,000 for Training and TA - Activities: include slide in all TFL Trainings (Complete!), Use Workbook in Workshops (Complete!), Co-Host Aging and Tech Summit (Complete!)
- Video series: Active! - Sam lead
- Outreach/Public Awareness - Sam lead
- Wireless slides in our presentations.
4 GT CATEA TechSAge ($10,000) Activities: include slide in all TFL Trainings (Complete!), Use Workbook in Workshops (Complete!), Co-Host Aging and Tech Summit (Complete!)
- Training activities: Active!
- Fingers crossed for TechSAge 2!
5 Division of Aging Services (DAS) "Dementia Able" | $40,000 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development -Workshop @ ATIA 2018 (Liz - Lead for Logistics)
- Workshop @ ATIA 2018: Success!
6 Division of Aging Services (DAS) "DONR" | $16,500 for AT technical assistance for Decision Tree Development -Activities: Create "Mapping" and final Report
- Todd continues to work on Decision Tree
- May continues to work on Decision Tree visual prototype
7 ATAP | $66,670 for the first year and every year for 5 years ($333,350) for National Pass It On Center AT Reuse Activities: Survey (Active), CoP Webinar schedule (Complete!), Trainings and TA
- Disaster Relief Efforts!: Every Tuesday 2:00 PM AT/DME/Supplies National Call; 3:00 PM Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies National Call
- Technical Assistance: Ongoing - Liz lead
- CoP Subcommittees: Medicaid, IQ ATR, Knowledge Base - Carolyn, Trish, Liz
8 GT CATEA Workplace DRRP | Training and TA: $76,650 Over 65 interviews completed"
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of initial video "Laying the Foundation".
9 GT CATEA FIP - ($15,500) Activities: 2 focus good groups @ ATIA (Complete!), Survey, Design Input - Liz/Sam lead
TFL Research Updates (Ben S., Zerrin & Carolyn)
- Decision Trees/Algorithum
- In DBHDD Contract
- In GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL Action Items
Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)
- (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)