TFL Team Meeting - 03/05/2019
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn) - 30 mins
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 10 mins.
- Volume 13 submissions have been peer reviewed in and in editing stage.
- Volume 14 theme will be "Literacy". Call for Papers open April - June 15.
TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)
- Troup County has made some unannounced changes in student assignments in the control group classroom. We are still examining the implications for our study.
- Initial training for students and teachers complete. Training for WriQ writing assessment tool has been held. Teachers are assigning and gathering writing samples for assessment.
On DBHDD Contract
- Collected data is being updated in SRI Database
- Numbers are changing daily but as of last week: 14 individuals are complete, 15 more are in the last stage (have AT and need final follow up), 44 are in the process of receiving their AT
- Budget for end of year was discussed with Nicki Wilson last week. We are revising the approach, looking at a "Partnership" concept emphasizing how TFL can and does help DBHDD fulfill its mission.
- Final next round proposal is due to Nicki & Amy this month.
Work ACCESS Project
- Team is studying its conceptual framework for exploring AT solutions for specific functional limitations.
- Preparing for first focus groups.
Other Decision Trees/Algorithum Projects:
- Paroles & Pardons Project
- Aging Decision Tree Project (multi-state interest)
- Exploring other possible Grant opportunities:
- HIIAT (High Impact Innovative Assistive Technology) Grants
- FIP (Field Initiated Proposals) NIDILRR Proposals
- GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha) - 10 mins.
- Device Demos All Centers 10/1/18- Present: 257
- Device Demo TFL 10/1/18- Present: 77
- Device Loan All Centers 10/1/18-Present: 241
- Device Loan TFL 10/1/18- Present: 114
- Device Reutilization 10/1/18- Present: 2241
- Contract Updates
- 1. DEI- SOW was reworked to complete the contract by the end of March 2019. Carolyn, Liz, and Danny will be creating 3 webinars; Martha and Rachel will be working with OneStops in Gwinnett, Athens, and Augusta on surveys, in person visits, and create a list of AT for work toolkits for each.
- 2. DBHDD- Martha and DeeDee are planning 3-4 days to go to the Savannah area to deliver equipment. We have several individuals in the Atlanta Area that we will be delivering equipment too. Will be reaching out to Region 3 for more individuals. We had a good meeting with Nicki Wilson and working on some changes before the meeting on March 29th.
- 3. Gracewood- Dee Dee is there today for a training Visual Supports. Martha and DeeDee went through observations and picked the 10 individuals that will receive the full assessments. Dee Dee will begin them this week while in Augusta. Martha has reached out to Dan Howell regarding a new contract and he is to be in touch next week.
- 4. Other Assessments: 1 MFP, Completed the assessment part and writing report for work AT Assessment, still have schools 9 (Newton, Glascock, Fulton Academy for Science and Technology, Butts Co, Turner Co, 2 private pay); have been asked to review building blueprints for accessibility, Frazier Center will be sending several for AT Assessments and Speech Assessments
- 5. LDA Lab was Feb 18-20, worked with OK and West VA and made real solutions- next year will be in Orlando.
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 10 mins.
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- 1/1/19-2/5/19- 10 submissions (6 approved, 4 denied). $29,750 disbursed
- 124 active loans with principle totaling $381,583
- 3 applications in process
- If you get a call from Tina Aldridge, refer her to Mike Galifianakis
- We have less than 50k in the HHS account, this will be spent down by March given the current rate of applications
Disability Connections Equipment
- Items have been stored in whatever open space I could find
- There are still items in Martha's office that need to be distributed. Keep this in mind when out in the community. Grab a box and put items in it that you could leave at either the local CIL or other network partner. Items without a home by the end of February will need to be folded into our general inventory
- Ben and Danny will be working on doing a full inventory of AT here in the office. You may be drafted to assist with this after hours, on the weekend or both.
- NIDLRR grant- 500k. Could be used to create an FES app, online app or website.
- SunTrust- will be contacting Suntrust on a "small" grant. H/t to Chris Brand for making me aware of this opportunity. 25-30k for materials, printing and maybe travel to provide FES services. CFII will be going after this to contract with TFL
- UCP grants for orgs, h/t to Rob Groenendaal. Anybody aware of this program?
- 2 great presentations
- Shoutout to Ciara for rocking the exhibit hall and scoring some items
- TAP Keyboard
Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 10 mins.
- ATIA Updates
- ~80 attendees to my session
- Tobii Dynavox reached out to beta/demo new accessible gaming product
- AT3 Article
TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.
- State leadership numbers have not increased much since last time we met.
- Reminder please be sure to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
- What Happened - Completed
- NE AAA Training for DAS - Wednesday, January 16 (Rachel)
- South Metro Special Ed Directors tour - Thursday, January 24 (Sam & Tori)
- ATIA 2019 - January 31 to February 2 - 8+ sessions! (Carolyn, Liz, Ben J, Rachel, Danny, Sam, Ciara, Ben S)
- What's Coming Up - Important Reminders
- GVRA New Hire Orientation - Wednesday, February 6 (Martha)
- GSU IPSE Leadership Team Meeting - Thursday, February 7 (Tori lead, Carolyn?)
- Emory School of Medicine, Health and Aging Class - Tuesday, February 12 (Rachel, Liz, Tori support)
- GLRS AT Consortia Presentation at Coastal ADRC - Wednesday, February 13 (Martha)
- LDA 2019 in Fort Worth, TX - February 18-21 (Carolyn, Martha and Rachel)
- GVRA Emerging Managers Workshop - February 19-22 (only one day) (Liz and?)
- Technical Assistance Visit: AT in NH w/Stacey Driscoll - February 26 (Liz, Martha, Danny)
- East Georgia GLRS - Wednesday, February 27 (Martha lead, Tori support)
- ATAP (AT3)
- Webinars Focused on Reuse (4)
- CPAP Reuse
- Hearing Aid Reuse
- Prison Refurbishment
- AT Reuse Activities
- Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
- Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
- Disaster Relief Efforts: PIDS National Call (Danny), Portal requests - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
- GT CATEA UD DRRP
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- GT CATEA Work ACCESS - AT Software KnowledgeBase
- GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
- Continue to provide public awareness and education
- Planning continues for competition
- Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- New Hire Orientation - check out calendar for schedule
- New Managers Orientation
- Who would like to co-present?