Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting - 02/05/2019"

From Tools For Life
Jump to: navigation, search
m (TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 10 mins.)
(Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 10 mins.)
 
Line 95: Line 95:
 
=='''Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 10 mins.'''==
 
=='''Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 10 mins.'''==
  
#Microsoft Meetings
+
#ATIA Updates
#Amazon Meetings
+
##~80 attendees to my session
#CES Updates https://photos.app.goo.gl/yNR8Po4tvHEXSRfRA
+
##Tobii Dynavox reached out to beta/demo new accessible gaming product
 +
#AT3 Article
  
 
=='''TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.'''==
 
=='''TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.'''==

Latest revision as of 11:35, 5 February 2019

TFL Mission

  • Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

Team Meeting Expectations

1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.

2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.

3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.

Agenda

TFL Director Updates (Carolyn) - 30 mins

TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 10 mins.

ATOB -

  1. Volume 12 has been released and is now available at the ATIA.ORG/Research site.
  2. Volume 13 submissions have been peer reviewed in and in editing stage.
  3. Volume 14 theme will be "Literacy". Call for Papers open April - June 15.

TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)

  1. Troup classrooms and teachers have been identified. Teacher consent forms are signed.
  2. Parental consent and student assent forms are coming in- following up with stragglers.
  3. Initial training for students and teachers complete. Training for WriQ writing assessment tool is scheduled for Thursday 3PM
  4. Amendment filed/ approved - because district selected 7th grade classrooms instead of 6th grade.

On DBHDD Contract

  1. Collected data is being updated in SRI Database
  2. 8 individuals are complete, 21 more are in the last stage (have AT and need final follow up)
  3. Budget for end of year is ready to present (still building slides)
  4. Next round proposal has been sent to Nicki & Amy.

Work ACCESS Project

  • Team is examining the structure of the current work access decision tree and updating the solutions.

Other Decision Trees/Algorithum Projects:

  • Paroles & Pardons Project
  • Aging Decision Tree Project (multi-state interest)

Other Projects:

  • Exploring other possible Grant opportunities:
  • HIIAT (High Impact Innovative Assistive Technology) Grants
  • FIP (Field Initiated Proposals) NIDILRR Proposals
  • GVRA Contract
  • Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
  • Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha) - 10 mins.

  • Device Demos All Centers 10/1/18- Present: 201
  • Device Demo TFL 10/1/18- Present: 47
  • Device Loan All Centers 10/1/18-Present: 156
  • Device Loan TFL 10/1/18- Present: 55
  • Device Reutilization 10/1/18- Present: 1726
  • Contract Updates
  • 1. DEI- Was not able to get a contract extension and will end March of 2019. Will meet with Rossany in February to talk about path moving forward. We will continue to work with the individuals they send us. Rachel has AT

Assessment this week

  • 2. DBHDD- In the process of organizing new load of equipment. DeeDee and Sarah left on Sunday to go to South Ga and work their way back up to do assessments, deliver equipment, and close few people- around 14 individuals! Martha and DeeDee are planning 3-4 days to go to the Savannah area to deliver equipment. Everyone one delivering equipment in Atlanta area. Have worked on a new draft budget and SOW for DBHDD in regards to new contract.

Ben S. will present on who we are and what we do on February 20th for a training to support services vendors. This will not include the AT Project with them.

  • 3. Gracewood- Dee Dee and Martha along with training WO finished the 29 observation of the individuals they want us to see. From them we will choose 10 more for an AT Assessment. We are planning the next training with Gracewood. We are looking at March 3, 4, or 5. This will be a 3 hr make-n-take for training staff this will cover, social stories, First/ Then strips/board, sequence Cards/boards. We are working with WO to assist with this training. Met with Shanta and James at Gracewood to put other trainngs on the calendars. Kathy from WO will assist in full assessments WO will also be doing the follow-up after our training with Gracewood. They will check in with Gracewood once a week to make sure they are using what they learned in the make-n-take as well as using aided language with individuals. It may be needed twice at the start. Next Training will be 90 mins on engineering and CORE. Martha has reached out to Dan Howell regarding a new contract and will begin working on Draft Budget.
  • 4. Other Assessments: 1 MFP, Completed the assessment part and writing report for work AT Assessment, still have schools 9 (Newton, Glascock, Fulton Academy for Science and Technology, Butts Co, Turner Co, 2 private pay); have been asked to review building blueprints for accessibility, Frazier Center will be sending several for AT Assessments and Speech Assessments
  • 5. Presentations: Rachel 1/16 NE GA AAA and ATIA and LDA presentations, DeeDee 2/2 Focus on Fragile Kids Conference AAC, 2/20 Aging Presentation on AT in Macon, Ciara has 3 Presentation that will be for the EXCEL program on Campus first one is 1/23 on CANVAS, Martha presenting GLRS AT Consortia at Coastal 2/13 and LDA
  • 6. LDA Lab will be Feb 18-20, working with OK AT Team on what AT they can bring. Also working with them on 20 min presentation in the lab on desensitizing environment, working with Rachel Berger with Microsoft to do 15-20 min demos of Microsoft built-in items in lab as well. We will be taking some equipment too.

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 10 mins.

Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op

Credit-Able Updates

  1. 1/1/19-2/5/19- 10 submissions (6 approved, 4 denied). $29,750 disbursed
  2. 124 active loans with principle totaling $381,583
  3. 3 applications in process
  4. If you get a call from Tina Aldridge, refer her to Mike Galifianakis
  5. We have less than 50k in the HHS account, this will be spent down by March given the current rate of applications

Disability Connections Equipment

  1. Items have been stored in whatever open space I could find
  2. There are still items in Martha's office that need to be distributed. Keep this in mind when out in the community. Grab a box and put items in it that you could leave at either the local CIL or other network partner. Items without a home by the end of February will need to be folded into our general inventory

Other

  1. Ben and Danny will be working on doing a full inventory of AT here in the office. You may be drafted to assist with this after hours, on the weekend or both.
  2. NIDLRR grant- 500k. Could be used to create an FES app, online app or website.
  3. SunTrust- will be contacting Suntrust on a "small" grant. H/t to Chris Brand for making me aware of this opportunity. 25-30k for materials, printing and maybe travel to provide FES services. CFII will be going after this to contract with TFL
  4. UCP grants for orgs, h/t to Rob Groenendaal. Anybody aware of this program?

ATIA

  1. 2 great presentations
  2. Shoutout to Ciara for rocking the exhibit hall and scoring some items
  3. TAP Keyboard

Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 10 mins.

  1. ATIA Updates
    1. ~80 attendees to my session
    2. Tobii Dynavox reached out to beta/demo new accessible gaming product
  2. AT3 Article

TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.

  • Data:
    • State leadership numbers have not increased much since last time we met.
    • Reminder please be sure to include your presentations, trainings, public awareness, education, etc. in the database each month.
  • What Happened - Completed
    • NE AAA Training for DAS - Wednesday, January 16 (Rachel)
    • South Metro Special Ed Directors tour - Thursday, January 24 (Sam & Tori)
    • ATIA 2019 - January 31 to February 2 - 8+ sessions! (Carolyn, Liz, Ben J, Rachel, Danny, Sam, Ciara, Ben S)
  • What's Coming Up - Important Reminders
    • GVRA New Hire Orientation - Wednesday, February 6 (Martha)
    • GSU IPSE Leadership Team Meeting - Thursday, February 7 (Tori lead, Carolyn?)
    • Emory School of Medicine, Health and Aging Class - Tuesday, February 12 (Rachel, Liz, Tori support)
    • GLRS AT Consortia Presentation at Coastal ADRC - Wednesday, February 13 (Martha)
    • LDA 2019 in Fort Worth, TX - February 18-21 (Carolyn, Martha and Rachel)
    • GVRA Emerging Managers Workshop - February 19-22 (only one day) (Liz and?)
    • Technical Assistance Visit: AT in NH w/Stacey Driscoll - February 26 (Liz, Martha, Danny)
    • East Georgia GLRS - Wednesday, February 27 (Martha lead, Tori support)
  • ATAP (AT3)
    • Webinars Focused on Reuse (4)
    • CPAP Reuse
    • Hearing Aid Reuse
    • Prison Refurbishment
  • AT Reuse Activities
    • Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
    • Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
    • Disaster Relief Efforts: PIDS National Call (Danny), Portal requests - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
  • GT CATEA UD DRRP
    • Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
    • Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
  • GT CATEA Work ACCESS - AT Software KnowledgeBase
    • Funded!
    • Input
  • GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
    • TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
    • Continue to provide public awareness and education
    • Planning continues for competition
    • Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
  • GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
  • GVRA
    • New Hire Orientation - check out calendar for schedule
    • New Managers Orientation
    • Who would like to co-present?