TFL Team Meeting - 01/15/2019
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn) - 20 mins
Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 20 mins.
- Launchpad Dec 6th-13th
- Kevin Shankwiler, School of Industrial Design
- Reception Thursday
- BEP Update
- 13 currency readers were distributed to members of the NFB of GA's Atlanta chapter. We plan on being present at meetings for the GCB and other NFB chapters in the future as well as organizing events at GLASS and disABILITY LINK
- Accessible Forms
- AT Lab Updates
- zHalo Tracking Platform - https://zhalo.zengears.com/login
- Adding Inventory
- ATIA Webinars February, May
- Smart Home and Gaming Accessibility
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 10 mins.
- Volume 12 has been released and is now available at the ATIA.ORG/Research site.
- Volume 13 submissions have been peer reviewed in and in editing stage.
TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)
- Troup classrooms and teachers have been identified. Teacher consent forms are signed.
- Parental consent and student assent forms are going out this week.
- Training for students and teachers will be scheduled shortly
- Amendment had to be filed because district selected 7th grade classrooms instead of 6th grade.
On DBHDD Contract
- Collected data is being updated in SRI Database
- 8 individuals are complete, 21 more are in the last stage (have AT and need final follow up)
- Budget for end of year and for next round of project are in the works
Work ACCESS Project
- Team is examining the structure of the current work access decision tree and updating the solutions.
Other Decision Trees/Algorithum Projects:
- Paroles & Pardons Project
- Aging Decision Tree Project (multi-state interest)
- Exploring other possible Grant opportunities:
- HIIAT (High Impact Innovative Assistive Technology) Grants
- FIP (Field Initiated Proposals) NIDILRR Proposals
- GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.
|Activity||Tools for Life||All Centers|
|Information and Assistance||11,461||11,461|
|Activity||Tools for Life||All Centers|
|Information and Assistance||602||602|
- What Happened - Completed
- GATE 2018 - December 7
- Georgia Alliance for Health Literacy - December 11
- TFL Advisory Council - December 13
- Cobb County Special Education - January 4 (Sam!)
- GVRA New Hire Orientation - January 9 (Martha and DeeDee)
- Middle GA RESA Community Collaborative - January 11 (Tori)
- What's Coming Up - Important Reminders
- NE AAA Training for DAS - Wednesday, January 16 (Rachel)
- South Metro Special Ed Directors tour - Thursday, January 24 (Sam & Tori)
- ATIA 2019 - January 31 to February 2 (Carolyn, Liz, Ben J, Rachel, Danny, Sam, Ciara, Ben S)
- Put presentations and other activities on calendar and invite those that are attending ATIA. Follow Liz's example.
- GVRA New Hire Orientation - Wednesday, February 6 (Martha and DeeDee)
- Emory School of Medicine, Health and Aging Class - Tuesday, February 12 (Rachel, Liz, Tori)
- GLRS AT Consortia Presentation at Coastal ADRC - Wednesday, February 13 (Martha and Direct Services)
- LDA 2019 in Fort Worth, TX - February 18-21 (Carolyn, Martha and Rachel)
- GVRA Emerging Managers Workshop - February 19-22 (only one day) (Liz and?)
- East Georgia GLRS - Wednesday, February 27 (Martha lead, Tori support)
- New Hire Orientation - check out calendar for schedule
- New Managers Orientation
- Who would like to co-present?
- ATOB Journal v12 - Submitted! (Carolyn & Tori)
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- AT and DME Reuse Activities
- Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
- Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
- Disaster Relief Efforts:
- Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
- Portal requests and submissions - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
- ATAP (AT3)
- Webinars Focused on Reuse (4)
- CPAP Reuse
- Hearing Aid Reuse
- Prison Refurbishment
- GT CATEA UD DRRP
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- GT CATEA Work ACCESS - AT Software KnowledgeBase
- GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
- Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha) - 10 mins.
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 10 mins.
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- 11/1/18-12/31/18- 10 submissions (7 approved, 2 denied, 1 withdrawn)
- 122 active loans with principle totaling $366,409
- 5 applications in process
- Working with a consumer to avoid losing his vehicle (and CFII being responsible for reselling it)
Disability Connections Equipment
- A truckload of equipment showed up
- Thanks to everyone that helped with sorting, labeling, changing the service center and discarding of obsolete equipment
- Several boxes in CP's 2nd floor office. We need to determine where these items are going
- One box of equipment is being sent to disABILITY LINK this week along with a theremini
- Shower chairs and bedside commode need to be marked obsolete and taken to FODAC (I reached out to Ben J regarding transport)
- Hoyer lift and personal transport item still need a determination (Carolyn, can we send this to FODAC)
- DBHDD Equipment, the large order from December came in. A couple of items were missing, working on resolving that
- Hosted the NFB Atlanta Metro Chapter last week, people enjoyed the space
- CHOA visitors came by last week and had a quick tour and opportunity to ask questions to myself. DeeDee and Martha