TFL Team Meeting - 01/15/2019
- Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.
Team Meeting Expectations
1. All TFL team meetings are no/light device meetings. This means using your device professionally, minimally, as an accommodation, or for emergencies.
2. Be mindful of the time you are given for your updates.
3. Provide thoughtful and comprehensive updates to the team. This time is the opportunity for everyone to learn about TFL projects and activities.
TFL Director Updates (Carolyn) - 20 mins
TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn) - 10 mins.
ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site
- Volume 12 is in final proof/production (expected release shortly)
- Volume 13 submissions are in
TextHelp (Literacy and AT) Project - Troup County (LaGrange, GA)
- Troup has provided TFL a form for permission to do research - in process.
- IRB Protocol has been resubmitted with requested revisions)
- Working with new administration in Troup County
- Reworking schedule for 2nd semester
In DBHDD Contract
- Collected data is being updated in SRI Database
ACCESS Work Project
- Decision Trees/Algorithum
- Decision Trees/Algorithum: Exploring other possible Grant opportunities
**HIIAT (High Impact Innovative Assistive Technology) Grants **FIP (Field Initiated Proposals) NIDILRR Proposals
- In GVRA Contract
- Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
- Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research
TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Outreach & Training Updates (Liz) - 10 mins.
|Activity||Tools for Life||All Centers|
|Information and Assistance||11,461||11,461|
|Activity||Tools for Life||All Centers|
|Information and Assistance||483||483|
- What Happened - Completed
- Wed 11/7 - RAC DSP Fall Meeting
- Fri 11/9 & Sat 11/10 - Deaf Blind Technology Symposium
- Sun 11/26 to Wed 11/28 - GVRA Leadership Summit
- Thur 11/15 - DBHDD Trainings
- Thur 11/29 - Hosted GARD Meeting
- What's Coming Up - Important Reminders
- AT3 Call on Disasters - Tomorrow Wednesday 12/5 at 3:00pm EST (Carolyn and Danny)
- ATAP Membership Call - Tomorrow Wednesday 12/5 at 4:00 PM EST
- GATE - this Friday 12/7 at the GT Student Center (Sam lead)
- Host GA Alliance for Health Literacy - next Tuesday 12/11 (Tori lead)
- 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - next Wednesday 12/12 (Carolyn, Liz, Rachel, Ben J. and Tori support)
- TFL Advisory Council - next Thursday 12/13 - this is your reminder to send updates to Liz by COB Monday 12/10 (Liz, Sam lead and Tori support)
- AT/DME/Supplies National Call - No longer hosting
- TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? - Annabel lead
- Wiki PPT Submission
- New Hire Orientation - Friday December 6 - N/A
- GVRA Employment First Council Meeting - rescheduled TBD
- ATOB Journal v12 - Submitted! (Carolyn & Tori)
- GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
- 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - December 12 (Liz, Tori and Rachel lead)
- Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
- Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
- AT and DME Reuse Activities
- Still continue to provide Reuse TA.
- Working with AT3 on TA protocol, etc.
- Disaster Relief Efforts:
- Portal requests and submissions - Ciara/Tori lead (Liz/Danny support)
- ATAP (AT3) - New contract development
- Upcoming membership calls: Tomorrow Wednesday December 5 at 4:00 PM
- GT CATEA UD DRRP
- Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
- Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
- GT CATEA Work ACCESS - AT Software KnowledgeBase
- GT CATEA TechSAge 2 - Training and Outreach
- TechSAge 2 - Funded for 5 years!
- Be sure to check out the RERC TechSAge website to learn more about what we do!
TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny) - 10 mins.
Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op
- FY19 Update: 17 submissions so far (12 approved, 2 denied, 1 withdrawn and 2 in process) 2 new applications not entered yet
- 124 active loans with principle totaling $367,614
- CFII applied for $30,000 from the Atlanta Pride Committee's community reinvestment award program
- Working on having a presence at the Credit Builder's Alliance symposium, submitting for presentation
- Hosted members of the Atlanta Financial Inclusion workgroup and they were impressed, we will be hosting a half day event here in the spring (surprise training team!)
- No more apps will be processed until January
- DBHDD Equipment, the full 2nd order from October came in. A majority of the 1st order from October has arrived. Part of the delay was due to some items being backordered
- They are working on getting all the pieces from the November order currently. We are hoping to be on track with getting that in the next couple of weeks. It's a large order
- Deaf-Blind AT event was a huge success, they loved our space and pointed out that we need to expand our DB AT
- Showed up at another IATSE event over the weekend to be seen being useful for a potential sponsorship
- Invited to attend the senior division of NFBGA call to discuss the Amazon Echo and Google Home and how they can be used for the older blind community (or, as the division prefers: Red Hot Seniors)
- The READI for Disasters Act was introduced by Sen. Casey and original co-sponsors: Sens. Klobuchar (MN), Duckworth (IL), Blumenthal (CT), Van Hollen (MD), Murray (WA), and Hassan (NH). There are 65 organizations who have already signed on as supporters.
- READI = Readying Elders and Americans with Disabilities Inclusively
Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.) - 20 mins.
- Launchpad Dec 6th-13th
- Kevin Shankwiler, School of Industrial Design
- Reception Thursday
- BEP Update
- 13 currency readers were distributed to members of the NFB of GA's Atlanta chapter. We plan on being present at meetings for the GCB and other NFB chapters in the future as well as organizing events at GLASS and disABILITY LINK
- Accessible Forms
- AT Lab Updates
- zHalo Tracking Platform - https://zhalo.zengears.com/login
- Adding Inventory
- ATIA Webinars February, May
- Smart Home and Gaming Accessibility