Difference between revisions of "TFL Team Meeting-08/07/2018"

From Tools For Life
Jump to: navigation, search
(TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn))
m (TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn))
Line 5: Line 5:
 
=='''TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)'''==
 
=='''TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)'''==
 
* ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site  
 
* ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site  
-  Volume 12 is in production o
+
-  Volume 12 is in production  
-  Volume 13 submissions are in -
+
 
 +
-  Volume 13 submissions are in  
 +
 
 
-  Ben submitted article on AMAC Study (Impact of Mastery of AT in HS on Post 2ndary Performance) for peer review.  
 
-  Ben submitted article on AMAC Study (Impact of Mastery of AT in HS on Post 2ndary Performance) for peer review.  
 
* TextHelp! - Troup County (LaGrange, GA) has agreed to host this study.  
 
* TextHelp! - Troup County (LaGrange, GA) has agreed to host this study.  

Revision as of 17:57, 6 August 2018

Agenda

Increase access to and acquisition of assistive technology devices and services so Georgians of all ages and disabilities can live, learn, work and play independently in communities of their choice.

TFL Research Updates (Ben S. & Carolyn)

  • ATOB - Volume 11 is available on ATIA.ORG/Research site

- Volume 12 is in production

- Volume 13 submissions are in

- Ben submitted article on AMAC Study (Impact of Mastery of AT in HS on Post 2ndary Performance) for peer review.

  • TextHelp! - Troup County (LaGrange, GA) has agreed to host this study.

- IRB Protocol has been submitted. - Working with new administration in Troup CountyStarts in August!

  • In DBHDD Contract

- Working on getting collected data updated in SRI Database

  • Decision Trees/Algorithum
  • In GVRA Contract
  • Establishing a UX Accessibility Lab (John)
  • Establishing a Consortium for Accessibility Research

Special Projects and Access Lab Updates (Ben J.)

  • BEP Currency Reader

- New Pilot Program TFL is a part of

- We will be providing currency readers at no cost to the individual. The individual will need to fill out the application and we will need to track number that are going out.

- Devices should be coming in later this week.

- Have created some slides to include in our presentations, will get those out to everyone.

  • IOT Tracking Azure Platform
  • DragonCon

TFL AT Acquisition Updates (Danny)

Projects: TFL - Activities: Credit-Able, G-Trade, Dollars & Sense, AT Depot Co-Op

  1. Credit Builders Alliance reached out for a webinar on accessible presentations and a mini-disability 101
  2. FEMA partnership day is next week after NCIL, working with FODAC and Trach Momma's on the presentation (thank you Liz for the PIOC ppt)
  3. AT Act funds for AFPs! $2,000,000 proposed for expansion and creation of AFPs. Not the final appropriations bill, but keep fingers crossed
    1. for creations and expansion
    2. focus on financial education
  4. NCIL is next week, connecting our work with National Pass It On Center
  5. Putting in requests for Dollars and Sense and gTrade redesigns this week
  6. At disABILITY LINK tomorrow for most of the day 1-on-1 application assistance in the morning, board meeting in the afternoon

Credit-Able Updates

  1. 11 applications processed this month (10 approved, 1 denied), total of $29,800 lent
  2. With increased funding we have exponentially increased applications and dollars lent
    1. FY 2016- 14 applications (11 approved, 2 denied) $35,123.04 lent
    2. FY 2017- 33 applications (29 approved, 2 denied, 2 withdrawn) $77,251.93 lent
    3. FY 2018- 66 applications (56 approved, 8 denied, 2 withdrawn) $175,845.00 lent
  3. 161 active loans with principle totaling $596,454
  4. Our default rate is still good, 5 loans were written off, four of those were due to my predecessor over lending to an individual

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.07.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.07.27 AM.png

TFL Direct AT Services - AT Access Updates (Martha)

WELCOME DEE DEE!!

Projects:

  1. ) TFL Project - Activities: Demo, Device Loan, AT Eval, AT Training, TFL Network:

- 10/1/17- present - All Centers - Device Loans 417, Device Demo 1254, Device Reutilization 2115; TFL- Device Loans 77, Device Demo 182

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) for $1,000,000:

- 126 Referred; 20 declined services or not eligible for the program; majority needing speech services

  1. ) Division of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities (DBHDD) | $68,500 for AT services and training to Gracewood Hospital in Augusta: Almost through DBHDD's contract process.

- Survey has been completed (thanks Asha and Sam C); waiting to hear back from Gracewod regarding mailing iPads for surveys to be completed- hopefully will be mailed this week - Trainings will be shaped by the outcome of surveys- Asha is compiling results (Sent in 90 responses on papaer) - 10 individuals already identified to be transitioned out soon and will need AT ASAP - Krista, Rachel, and Martha have made one trip to Gracewood. We are waiting to receive the AT Agreement forms to be returned; will follow-up this week - This project does not have funds to purchase equipment; will be doing loans to make sure equipment is right fit - Rachel and Martha working with Gracewood and TFL Training team in regards to 6 2 hour Disability 101 Trainings. One will be a recorded webinar. Looking at the week of July 23rd for the other 5 - Rachel and Martha looking at calendars for Savannah- Two Gracewood individuals have transitioned out there and there are 4/5 new DBHDD referrals in the Savannah area

  1. ) DEI

- Doing a contract and budget modification - referred 2 individuals but not able to complete assessments due to on the job training or individual keeps canceling - Rachel doing a great job with communication btw TFL and DEI - Call with Rossany last Thursday; budget modification should be coming through soon - Would like to hire counselors in Atlanta and has asked for TFL Training June 22nd; Training on hold until they are able to hire

  1. ) National Parks

- Sounds like contract modification/extension until Dec coming through - Brian would like to rerecord webinars to keep; this is on hold until Brian confirms what platform NPS will be using - Brian is working with Jeremy Buzzell on Rapid Visual Assessment and will let us know how to proceed - Ray Bloomer from the National Center for Accessibility will be here and Brian Cook for a tour at 3:30 this Thursday

  1. ) GVRA HR Membership has been completed. Have referred 4 individuals for AT Assessments. All Assessments have been completed
  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $10,000 for TA to set up 4 new AT Labs in the ADRCs - DAS has had turn-over/staffing changes, will continue to follow.

- Rachel has at least one MFP assessment ADRC 2019 Conference will be June 19-21 in Savannah

  1. ) Division of Aging Services (DAS) | $70,000 for AT services and TA to transition people out of nursing homes (MFP): Rolling out through AMAC Membership process!
  1. ) Still have several requests for AT Evals and AAC Assessments.

LDA: Conference committee meets each month. 6/27/2018: John Rempel provided updates for the group regarding the LDA Website and App needing attention for accessibility.

TFL State Leadership Activities - Program, Training and Outreach Updates (Liz)

  • Upcoming Activities
    • Tobii DynaVox training here at TFL - July 27 (Sam lead)
    • GVRA New Hire Orientation - August 2 (Danny lead)
    • Senior Services North Fulton - August 2 (Rachel lead)
    • GSU LEND Meeting - August 15 and 16 (Tori lead, Danny support)
    • DBHDD Power of Connections Symposium (lab and presentations) - August 21 and 22 (Liz, Sam, Tori lead with TFL support)
  • GVRA - New Hire Orientation on Tuesday July 10 - Complete & Success!
  • ATOB Journal - V12: Tori has started working on organizing and checking articles - Carolyn & Tori lead
  • TFL Graphic Design - What are your needs? What materials would you like created? Think further out! - Annabel lead w/Liz
  • GT Wireless RERC - Training and TA
    • 2018 Tech and Aging Summit - 1st planning meeting on July 27 (Liz & Tori lead)
    • Video series: Active! (Sam lead, Raminta support)
    • Outreach & Public Awareness ongoing (Sam lead)
  • GT CATEA TechSAge - Training and Outreach
    • TechSAge 5 year APR - Complete & Success!
    • TechSAge 2 site visit on June 6 - Complete & Now we wait!
  • Decision Tree Development
    • Division of Aging Services (DAS) - Dementia Able and DONR
      • May continues to work on Decision Tree visual prototype
      • 2-4 focus groups coming up - Liz & Rachel lead
  • ATAP (AT3) National Pass It On Center
    • AT Reuse Activities:
      • CoP Webinars: Marketing for AT Reuse Programs (Complete & Success!)
    • Disaster Relief Efforts
      • AT/DME/Supplies National Call - Every last Tuesday of the month at 2:00 PM (Liz)
      • Next Call on Tuesday, July 24
      • Partnership for Inclusive Disaster Strategies (PIDS) National Call - Every Tuesday at 3:00 PM (Danny)
      • Portal requests and submissions - Asha lead (Liz/Danny support)
      • FEMA ODIC Director - Monday July 9 - Thank you to everyone involved! (Complete & Success!)
  • GT CATEA Workplace DRRP
    • Currently writing scripts - Sam and Tori
    • Raminta working on videos. Completed "rough cut" of 3 videos.
    • Complete by end of September 2018!
  • GT CATEA FIP
    • 2 focus groups @ ATIA 2018 (Complete!)
    • Survey, Design Input

TFL Action Items

  • Presentation Protocol Training
  • TFL Please begin to add all monthly reports to the GA Tech Dropbox

Open Floor, Action Items, Agenda Setting (Carolyn facilitates, Open Floor, 5-10 mins)

  • (This time can be used for further discussion of follow-up and/or new topics, hot/action items, and to set agenda items for next month.)

Follow Up Topics and Upcoming Topics