Assistive Technology Funding
Locating funding often creates a barrier to acquiring needed assistive technology devices and services.
While Tools for Life does not directly fund the purchase of devices, it is a resource for individuals with disabilities and their family members, staff, service providers, counselors, employers, and others to:
- obtain information about assistive technology in appropriate funding sources
- borrow equipment on a trial basis
- purchase selected equipment or software at discount prices
- consult with specialists regarding accessibility issues
- receive training
- receive on-site support at home, in schools and on the job
The Tools for Life team also works closely with school personnel, family and related service providers and offers helpful information on related laws, policies, funding tips, and possible funding sources.
Tools for Life Funding Resources
This unique funding guide is a database with information on agencies and organizations that can possibly provide funding for assistive technology and/or related services. Dollars & Sense also includes a helpful glossary on commonly used terms, AT laws, and sample letters.
This online equipment exchange, operated similarly to craigslist, provides a way for people in the community to sell, donate or search for assistive technology. This is a free service and exchanges are the sole responsibility of the parties involved.