Difference between revisions of "COVID-19 Resources for People with Disabilities"
(→Sanitization of Assistive Technology)
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
at free and .
Revision as of 09:47, 29 May 2020
TFL Webinar Series
The Tools for Life team is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by collecting and vetting resources for individuals with disabilities in the community, as well as their family and circles of support. The resources in these webinars are not meant to replace advice or instruction from a doctor or medical team. These resources are here to educate and empower. We encourage you to take this information, do further research, and share what you've learned with your medical and support teams.
We ask that you share this information with anyone that will benefit. We are in this together and together we are stronger. Stay safe and educated!
View the four part Webinar Series here.
Stay connected to family and friends through virtual platforms and resources to alleviate social isolation. You'll also find initiatives that companies have launched to keep people connected.
Find full list of Connectedness/Virtual Platforms resources here.
Find all things education related in this section including: software, read-alouds, special education resources and more!
View the full list of Education resources here.
Entertainment and Recreation
Many websites are offering free and discounted access to recreation activities such as virtual museums, access to films, national parks and more!
Find the full list of Entertainment and Recreation resources here.
Georgia Specific Resources
In this section you will find resources particularly useful for residents of Georgia including: local resources, government mandates, transportation information and more.
Find the full list of Georgia Specific Resources here.
Visit the Tools for Life App Finder for apps on teleworking, social distancing, emergency preparedness and more.
Planning Guides and Resources
Organizations from across the country have provided planning guides and produced other resources for people with disabilities. These include information on developmental disabilities, emergency management, avoiding discrimination in care, complex needs and more! Check out this section if you are looking for specialized information.
View the full list of Planning Guides and Resources here.
Sanitization of Assistive Technology
Sanitizing assistive technology is essential!
View the full list of Sanitization Resources here
Many software companies are offering their products at free and discounted rates.
View the full list of Software resources here.
- Communication Supports for Children and Adults with Complex Communication Needs During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Provides information on preparation should an individual with complex communication needs be hospitalized as well as strategies for understanding and expression both for the individual needing communication supports as well as the hospital staff
- Free open source, web-based video conferencing tool built for people who can't speak but still need to emotionally connection with those at a distance
- Patient Provider Communication
- Free communication tools
- Printable Communication Boards
- Amy Speech Language Therapy
- AsTeRICS Grid
- Eye Gaze and Flip Charts Alternative Pencils with Instructions
- Mind Express Activities
- Paitent Provider Communication
- Picture Exchange Card Maker
- Prentke Romich Company
- Project Core Boards
- Speech Ninja
- Super Core
- Tobii Dynavox