Archdiocese of Atlanta: Exploring Tools for Life's Favorite Apps
Exploring Apps and Tablet Accessibility
Friday, April 12, 2013
9:00AM to 3:00PM
Office of Catholic Schools
2401 Lake Park Dr. SE, Smyrna, GA 30080
Navigating the world of apps and tablet accessibility can often be an overwhelming task especially when there are over 400 apps that are released every day and millions of apps on the market. Where do you begin to find the best tablet to fit your needs? How do you know which accessibility options are available for each tablet? Is there a place where you can go to learn more about apps before purchasing them? The answer to all those questions is YES! During this 6 hour hands on workshop the Tools for Life team will share and demonstrate apps that can assist with daily living, education, work, relaxation, and much more in the lives of those with disabilities. Participants will also explore a website created by Tools for Life, "Tools for Life AppFinder", that compares apps by their functions, pricing, and operating system. Workshop attendees will also learn the basic functionality and accessibility features of various tablets, including Apple, Android, and the new Microsoft Surface.
- Carolyn Phillips, Director, Tools for Life, Atlanta, GA
- Liz Persaud, Training, Development and Outreach Coordinator, Tools for Life, Atlanta, GA
Resources For You!
- Explore the TFL "Our Favorite Apps" Finder Click to go to the TFL AppFinder page.
- [ToolsForLife_OurFavoriteApps_FINAL.pdf]The Tools for Life AppFinder
- Exploring Tools For Life's Favorite Apps Presentation