Technology itself is not the goal . . . the individual’s participation in their chosen activities is the goal.
The Tools for Life Assistive Technology (AT) Assessment is an excellent way to discover the assistive and mainstream technology strategies as well as the strategies for using that technology to improve a person's ability to meet their educational and employment goals.
The purpose of an assistive technology assessment is to match the capabilities and needs of an individual to the characteristics of an assistive technology device or service. Identification of appropriate technology interventions can be achieved through the implementation of a logical, systematic decision-making approach guided by certain fundamental principles.
Utilizing a comprehensive assistive technology assessment process results in successful matches of individuals and assistive technology. The appropriate technology solutions provide opportunities for people with disabilities to:
- Increase independence at home
- Maximize employment options
- Increase access to general education
- Increase socialization
- Expand recreational options
1. A member of our qualified Tools for Life Assessment Team will review and consider past evaluations that you provide.
2. We will meet with you to discuss and demonstrate various technologies and strategies.
3. You'll be provided with a formal written report summarizing aspects of the reports, interaction during the technology consultation and including a personalized and comprehensive list of AT recommendations & resources which provide next steps for AT usage.
4. Finally, we will follow-up to assist you with questions that may arise as a result of your adopting the new technologies.
- AT Evaluation - $450
- Cost of travel for a TFL Assessment Team member if the person needing the assessment is unable to come to the Tools for Life office.